Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Changes in the forum layout...

With Change comes angst. I wonder now if the NEW sybols will be missing and all that remains are the dates? I also noticed that my name was duplicated on some posts made yesterday. Scott, what's up with all this?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In addition to that, I could not see Scott's attachments from the last post, just a list of them. Will we have to click on an attachment in order to view it or does this simply require a specific setting?Best regards.Luis

Near as I can tell, the NEW flags work the same. Problem is, they're ALL flagged new right now. I'm scurrying through the forums, trying to make sure I'm caught up in the forums I care about (like this one), based on post dates. Then I'll MARK ALL and things should be back to normal. I think?[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

>With Change comes angst. I wonder now if the NEW sybols will>be missing and all that remains are the dates? I also noticed>that my name was duplicated on some posts made yesterday. >>Scott, what's up with all this?Sorry guys for not responding earlier. If you haven't figured it out by now, the new flag function still works the same as the old forums. However, when you first login, it is likely you will see them all as new like Robert stated. You'll need to initially mark them all and it should work as normal after that as long as you are logged in.Jerry, as far as duplicate names, I'm assuming you are referring to your signature. If so, it has to do with how the posts got imported over from the old forum. Depending on how you had your signature set to be used in your posts, if the signature was already part of the old post, when it came over it gets tagged with another instance of your signature. If this is happening on new posts, we need to know.

>In addition to that, I could not see Scott's attachments from>the last post, just a list of them. Will we have to click on>an attachment in order to view it or does this simply require>a specific setting?Yeah, I fixed that. Since that post was made before the import, those attachments got changed into what you intially saw. The forum has a slightly different way of handling images that are attached, so older posts will just have the attachment link instead of the images inline of the message. For those of you trying to upload images to show in your message, pay attention to that popup upload window as there is a checkbox to tell the forum you want your uploaded file embedded into your message. After you do this, you can go back and delete all the filenames in the attachment box to clean up your post.

Sign in to follow this