Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A web page updated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had some time to work on the fuel tank near the end of the of day. I managed to clean the outboard tank rib and get it sealed and riveted to the tank skin. You can see the new picture on the updated page 10 that I posted to my web site yesterday.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Just curious, Jerry. I read an article in Kitplanes a while back about filling fuel tanks with foam. Do you know anything about this? I thought that this was an effective and inexpensive safety feature.Best regards.Luis

>Just curious, Jerry. I read an article in Kitplanes a while>back about filling fuel tanks with foam. Do you know anything>about this? I thought that this was an effective and>inexpensive safety feature.>Luis,I've read about that also, but too long ago........to remember the positives & negatives. In regards to the RV fuel tanks which are inboard leading edges screwed to the rest of the wing; the front mount has a "slip joint" instead of being bolted solid. If the wing seperates during an unfortunate mishap, the fuel tank will pull away from the fuselage without pulling the tanks end rib & dumping all the fuel.This "safety" design came out after my kit, but I've made the changes.L.Adamson

Hey Larry, why the new username? Where you having problems with the old one?

>Hey Larry, why the new username? Where you having problems>with the old one?Scott,Yes I am. My E-mail address has changed, and when the Avsim forum's made the changes, my CPU wouldn't update my password from it's memory. It was one issued automatically by Avsim, and I hadn't written it down. With no current E-mail on file & no password, I couldn't update. Left a message in the help forum help a few days ago, but no answer. I'd prefer my old username................. as this one makes me feel like a "beginner" here with just a few postings. :)Unfortunately, thanks to a few problems with my Broadband provider, my password might have to change again, else I'm stuck with dial-up for another week. My DSL was assigned to one of my three lines which was the wrong one. In order to change it quickly, I'd have to change the E-mail address. This makes it tough to get anything in order! :)If possible, I'd like to remain signed up with the original username & RVHI03@msn.com as the E-mail address. Need the password, and thanks for asking.L.Adamson

I've sent you an email and have removed the new acocunt of yours.

I have been busy with other things, but I have been able to put in some time on the RV-9A again. I have added two more pictures taken on May 3rd.The RV-9A web pages have been updated. You can start from the main menu at this link:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/index.htmor you can go directly to wing kit page 10 to see the two new photos now online.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a010.htmScott, it appears that the FORUM system clock is still set to Eastern Standard Time, or is it set to CENTRAL Daylight Time? I posted this message at 12:45 AM on May 4th.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

At last, news! Thanks, Jerry.As for the time, set it to your zone in the user menu.Best regards.Luis

>Scott, it appears that the FORUM system clock is still set to>Eastern Standard Time, or is it set to CENTRAL Daylight Time?>I posted this message at 12:45 AM on May 4th.Jerry, like Luis mentioned, just go into your user menu and choose the correct time offset. I don't believe the choices account for daylight savings time for all zones, but it does for the eastern time zone.

Thanks, Scott.I found that feature after Luis pointed it out to me. I have been on the road a lot lately and have not had time to work on the airplane in a meaningful way. That should not be the case for the next week or so. I will update the web pages as things progress.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Sign in to follow this