Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 28 April

From those wonderful folks at Avweb......Short FinalAfter arriving in SLC we checked in with the ground controller. His radio wasn't the clearest. As we were taxiing to the ramp another aircraft asked the controller, "Has anyone else told you your communications are garbled?" Ground replied, "My wife!" Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This sounds like a true story, but I have often wondered if someone makes all this up. These jokes are often too good to be true.Best regards.Luis

Luis,Have you not heard the old saying about LIFE being stranger than fiction?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I thought it was TRUTH was stranger than fiction. Just look at the guy who was the Iraqi Press Secretary.Doc Bryant

I have heard TRUTH also. As for Bagdad BOB and "Wag the Dog", well...Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

>Ground replied, "My wife!" >>Should be ............... "My wives!" :)L.Adamson ---- KSLC

So, Larry is the one writing all these jokes. Good job, Larry, but please do more pipi and Hooters jokes (not necessarily at the same time!)Best regards.Luis

> but please do more pipi and Hooters jokes (not necessarily at the same time!)I'd just like to note for all us lurkers that this is a quality, quality forum, this PP thingiemahowzit here, and we should be PROUD I tell ya, of the level of scatology our peerless leaders have managed to maintain! PROUD! :-8tedPS. Alright Doc, now that I've turned my profile, with fist raised and a-leaning forward, I expect you to jump in here with 40 or so whacks to straighten things out...somebody's gotta keep you in practice.

Oh Ted....The Hot Whacks Department is handled by our tea drinking Eastern lady, Miss Lindy.I handle the "energetic materials" end of the spectrum. Miss Lindy has possession of the Singapore Switch. On occasion, as needed, I step in just to give some coaching on application technique...the follow through mostly....Just start out with your weight on the trailing foot....swing with your entire torso, elbows coming down through the swing, transfer the weight to the lead foot with the swing, that's it, smooth, think smooth as the smoke from a Honduran cigar...wrists turning up as the elbows go south.....contact.......mind the follow through...swing through the displayed buttocks.....The only other hint I did not think to pass on to Miss Lindy is that should the target move prior to impact, you did not restrain the bugger adequately. And if it moves after the wallop, "Damn fine job."Doc Bryant

Golf was what I had in mind as well. I remember the day I played a few holes with my dear departed brother so many years ago. I realized that I had no desire to walk around in the hot sun chasing a little white ball.Now, finding nature's air-conditioning above the cloud levels in a light airplane, that is a true joy.As far as Lindy keeping things in line here, she seems to be distracted by other forums...Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Brother Luis:You must be doing it wrong then. A nice fluid swing should not hurt. Perhaps some warm up exercises are in order, leg stretches, some torso twists, things like that.Then, take up the switch, with either a Western or Continental grip should you so choose over the more traditional baseball grip and swing for the cheap seats!I discontinued playing golf a few years ago when I found out that I could not estimate the proper number of beers that would enable me to play in a relaxed fashion. Too many and I played as bad as I would sober. Too few, and I wondered why on earth I was on the links.Doc Bryant

Well said! Jerry, Luis, it took me a minute too to figure out what the subject was, but then my mind popped up out of the gutter nicely. Too bad.I have to add that I'm not suprised that Lindy is off at some other forum. Some other flight sim takes an awful awful lot of time to get working and keeping from crashing your computering. There was a post over at some other forum I read a couple days ago and couldn't keep from giggling -- 80 long long lines and written by someone who knows more acronyms and computer insides than words in Engrish. It's a beautiful sim, Larry, yes. Now that NASA has some idle computers, maybe some one can run it without glitches, worrying, or changing the rest of the computer around just to satisfy the one program...beyond infuriating, the thing makes me giggle. All the good stuff is addons anyway.Ok, rant over. Back to watching Terence and Philip cartoons.Ted