Sign in to follow this  

To Luis et al

Luis (and others wondering)I am very much here. Indeed I check in almost daily to see what you are all up to. If I don't post it usually means that I have been locked out without a password for the n-th time. My secretary closes my computer in the evening and then logs in for me in the morning before I arrive. While I appreciate her thoughtfulness, I think that does not help in the password department. In addition, I have been having some problems with this fancy Dell they have given me and the technicians come and fiddle about, kicking me out again!Hope you are all well and thriving.I look forward to seeing Doc who is threatening to come to my part of the country sometime soon. Take care, allMeekal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Threatening my ***. I am planning on visiting your neck of the woods. The Air and Space Museum beckons. And as well, the North East Corridor.Doc Bryant

Doc,You haven't lost your sense of humour have you? :-)The Air & Space, which I last visited when Scott came by, is a bit of a bore. They added one lousy CitationJet which Scott and I were naturally drawn towards but we could not get within 20 feet of her! The other display's are simply not that stimulating, and/or are only replica's, not the "originals". The display of the so-called "glass cockpit" (now at least 20 years old) is childish. I, like many others I'm sure, await the new museum being set up near Dulles Airport (opening date: end of this year, I think). Many of the new displays have arrived already, including an Air France Concorde that made its final flight into Dulles only about a week ago. That should be quite a place and deserving of another visit by you. Meekal

I have not lost my sense of humor, nor any weight. The last time I visited the Air and Space Museum was so long ago they had not yet added the word "Space."The Dulles Annex will open Dec. 17th. I believe, 100th Anniversary of Wright Bros. flight. And coincedentally the same day as replica Wright Aircraft are symbolically crashed in front of Museums all over the United States. Proving of course, that two Wrights can sometimes make a wrong.Replicas? Oh perish the thought. Tell me those stuffed hanging aluminum bits are not the Real McCoy? People must be brought to task on that.Doc Bryant

Hello Meekal,Glad to know that you are well, if suffering from the misplaced attentions of your secretary.Very interesting remark by Doc about the crashing replicas. The same thing has happened numerous times with the Bl

Welcome back Meekal! Luis has obviously believed the hype touted in "Capricorn One" many years ago.I think Louis Bleriot was very lucky, as was Charles Lindberg. Now we just have to be sure that the pilots of the Wright replica are indeed well trained and lucky. As for me, I plan to get my check out in the factory airplane before I go for the first flight in my RV-9A next year.I am on the road this week in South Florida and will be heading home over the holiday weekend utilizing many back roads instead of the interstate highways - a liesurely ride to be sure with some antique store pit stops, old Southern house and train station photos, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

>I am on the road this week in South Florida and will be>heading home over the holiday weekend utilizing many back>roads instead of the interstate highways - a liesurely ride to>be sure with some antique store pit stops, old Southern house>and train station photos, etc.Well, here's wishing the back roads on which you yearn to travel haven't been washed out by Bill. They've gotten around 5 inches or so in the south half of AL so far, according to the radar precip accumulation totals (Tue noon).And don't forget to pick up some "bald" peanuts (actually saw a sign spell it like that, but only just last month ! You'd think I would've seen it spelled that way "sometime" in the last 16 years!).Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

By the time I will be returning northward at the end of this week, things should be drained away nicely. Lower Alabama is not on my itinerary, but Valdosta and the rest of US 41 is my plan.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Dave, what in heck is a "bald" peanut? Does not sound very appetizing to me.Best regards.Luiswho never saw "Capricorn One" and does not believe anything he sees on television, but is convinced that a lot of money was wasted so that some guys could swing a golf club on the moon

Brother Luis:We've ###### away scads of money on worse things. I never understood why we sent a couple of Senators up into space. Granted most of them are just taking up space in their jobs anyway. They should only have been sent up there with the proviso that they don't come back.Doc BryantNo TV at Casa Doc, so how can I not watch something and believe it. I am still working on the supermarket check out line Tabloids.

Those rags have the best intelligence for the Men In Black!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

>Dave, what in heck is a "bald" peanut? Does not sound very>appetizing to me.I can hear Jerry laughing from here."Boiled" peanuts can often be found for sale along the roadside on country roads and smaller highways, along with peaches, apples, etc. Mostly in the SE US is where I've seen them - TN-NC and south of these states. I'll let you figure out how "boiled" becomes "bald".Similarly, flower bulbs become "bubs" - e.g., "I'll buy some of them blue bubs, and red bubs."Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

And here in West Texas, you might work in the "awl bidness." Or failing that, you are employed in the "Grease Orchard."Doc Bryant