Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

PP98 compatibility

Hello Folks,I've had Sierra Pro Pilot for some time now. I think it might be PP98. Came bundled with my SB Live Xgamer or maybe with one of my voodoo cards; was a long time back. 2 disk set. Disks have Sierra PRO Pilot on them with light blue graphic of what may be a citation jet. Disk 2 has the training stuff on it. Am wondering if the files available here at the library for PP99 are compatible? Hesitating to download the enhanced scenery files with my poor ole slow dial-up.You all take care,Jim B.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim - I don't recall anyone having tried them with '98, and many folks here have used '98 before '99, but I'm not one of them. And it does appear you have '98. PP99 always has the '99 evident, and has more purple than blue on the main box, manuals, etc. If you still have your Voodoo card (not sure if Voodoo I worked with PP99, but II and better do), you'd be better off getting PP99, due to the better graphics.

Thank you very much for posting so quickly. PP99, will do a net search and see if its still available.As an experiment, I went ahead and downloaded a few of the smaller files, created the new common and usa folders as instructed under flights. When I start PP a new screen comes up with a notice "loading new scenery", then cdt. Heh-heh, thought I'd try it anyway.Thanks again,Jim B.

You're welcome! If you can't find it anywhere, we can make you a copy. You really don't need the manuals much (would take forever to copy them - but the GPS section is helpful - that's doable), but I often use the easily-reproducible quick-reference mini-booklet, and have added a few things to it only learned in this forum.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

ALL the Voodoo and Banshee video cards work with ProPilot 99 to produce the 3D cloud and other visual effects.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The scenery add ons, those large files are PP99 only. I went through that ordeal recently with another PP98 user and found that out the hard way myself.Doc Bryant

First time I get a chance, I'll go by the local Walmart and Bestbuy, they usually have old sims in their $10 racks.Jim B.

Sign in to follow this