Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A page 13 is updated -- more pix!

Guys and Lindy!I have managed a few days to work on completing the wing kit before the fuselage arrives next month. I finished the RIGHT wing tank and checked its fit to the wing spar. All is good. Two new pictures are added to page 13.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a013.htmAnd if you haven't heard my Star Trek Theme music, you can check out my home page.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/index.htmI am heading out to Mississippi and Texas this week in the company King Air with my boss and another salesman. Sorry Doc, but we won't get past the Dallas/Corsicana area. I should be back here by Thursday night.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey, Jerry, show the pilot your license and ask to sit in the right seat. Then, you can log time on a King Air!Best regards.Luis

That idea has already been considered, but my ratings may not allow it unless he has a CFI ticket. Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hope you at least got some stick time. King Airs are easy to fly. Just don't forget you are tooling along a bit faster than you are in a 172 and get behind the aircraft.And let me know if you get a bit more long legged in your travels. I have KDCA, KDTN, and KSYR already lined up for my runs through September.Ahh, those frequent flier miles keep rolling in. Too bad Brother Maynard does not get Frequent Guest points at his kennel. All he gets is a Pizza night on the Town with the staff.Doc Bryant

I have managed to put in a little time on the LEFT wing after my EAA advisor and A&P came by to inspect my work. I had some #4 rivets to clean up on the wing spar and a few on the skin that I replaced. I have started the process of riveting the inboard bottom skin on the wing. I will update the web pages sometime on Saturday, July 26th with a picture or two.My fuselage kit was given to the packers and should go out the door early next week. My credit card has been punched with the remaining balance due on my order, so things are happening at Van's Aircraft that will please me no end!Jerry K. Thorne :-)East Ridge, TN