Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera final version

Guest Anticyclone

Hi all,Users reported lock up problems (panel.dll) on some PC configurations. We have fixed the problem and have made beta tested on Windows 98, Me, 2000 and XP.We also added some new features like a Traveling Camera (become a film director) (lol). The user can now define the distance of the camera relative to the airplane.This is the final version of this freeware.We would like to thank all the people who sent us a feedback.Comments are of course still welcome.[www.anticyclone.be/active.html]Serge and Andy,

How can it do all that and the file is only 46k ?I downloaded it and will place in module sub folder.Anyone know how to remove the "cannot load /LAGO/FSSE? dll message?Since I never used it I removed it but still get that message. Also I do not want LAGO in my menu bar.

Hi. "How can it do all that and the file is only 46k ?"You don't need to much to do, The engine of Msfs also is only near 10 mb for the entire Msfs software, msfs is the module folder and the *.exe, thats it's, all other stuff are bmp, bgl , sound, thats almost all replaced from 3rd party, but the engine is pretty small , normally *.dll are small files.Thanks Serge and Andy GREAT Works!!!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Woo hoo! It now works for me... this program has needed a flyby view since FS][! *grin*

>Woo hoo! It now works for me... this program has needed a >flyby view since FS][! *grin* I love it too----- I tell you, this will become the most downloaded FSim addon EVER!!!Barry

Guest cwright

Serge and Andy, Absolutely brilliant! Many thanks. The Microsoft flight sims have needed this for years - the only mystery is why they didn't do it themselves, it was so obvious. The ability to configure it is the icing on the cake. I know I'll be using this an awful lot. Once again, many thanks! Best regards, Chris Wright

GuysGreat little addon.I enjoy it a great deal.RussKTLHMany may fly and some are rewarded handsomely, but the wings of gold ofa United States Naval Aviator mean more than flying. It is dearly bought, requires sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Hi All,Really " Active Camera sorry to say this but, I just down-loaded the " Active Camera final version " and Flight Simulator 2002 still crashes on start-up. I am using Windows 98. Really is to bad, it seems like it will be lots of fun to use. So I hope it was not the final version. One thing is a bit odd. Using FSWorld to start up flight simulator with the " Active Camera final version " locks my computer up and demands a re-boot. Starting Flight Simulator 2002 using the normal icon with the " Active Camera final version " and Flight Simulator 2002 just crashes to my desk top. Either way it is not working for me. I always us FSWorld to start Flight Simulator 2002 due to the great clouds...thanks Chris!.I really hope someone can help me out concerning the " Active Camera DLL " This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Robert,Well we could not test the module on a lot of PCs. We tested at least on all Windows versions (we are pretty sure that it doesn't have anything to do with the OS).When you crash to the desktop, do you get a message from FS (the Send / Don't send box) ? If yes, does it talk about Panels.dll?Can you try to delete the current dll in your modules directory, at the same time checking that you don't have twice the dll in the directory, and reinstall the new one? The date of the dll is 6/6/2002, 20:15. Since you downloaded the first version (the one having problems with some configurations), it can be confusing because both dll have the same name.Don't hesitate to give us your feedback.Andy and Serge

Isnt it great!! amazing..and, I asked them (MS) during the beta stage of FS2002 to add this.They told it is way to difficult to do now, and beyond scope and bla bla bla.. lol now we have it, and for free!Have fun flying!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

Hi Robert,That's odd. I too have W98 and this latest version of ActiveCamera runs fine with or without FS Sky World. I don't use the autorandom feature in FS Sky World as it produces VB errors and crashes the program (not FS2k2 I hasten to add).Like many others I was getting errors with the original .dll module for ActiveCamera. These appeared during the loading and exiting phases of FS2k2 but strangely did not seem to affect the proper functioning of the module while FS2k2 was running.I realize this probably doesn't help you very much other than to reassure you that it should work fine with W98.Mike :-wave

Remarkable that MS couldn't or wouldn't add this feature, yet it appears to be so small a .dll file. Even the Doppler effect works well as the planes fly by. There is something about beauty in motion!Richard

Guest B1900 Mech

Thankyou! Good job! Jim

Hi, "I don't use the autorandom feature in FS Sky World as it produces VB errors and crashes the program"Did you have the latest vb files ? installed vb5, vb6 and if still error vb6 sp5, it should not crash.vb5,vb6 and vb6 sp5 are all available here:http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWInstallationAndError.htmlThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Me too. I downloaded the latest version and installed it into the Modules folder. FS2002 crashes the computer immediately with it in the Modules folder on my Win98ME. I deleted it and all works OK. Hope that there is a new version that will work for me. It sounds GREAT!