Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera final version

Guest Tim13

I just started using this, and it is very cool. I really like this add-on.Thanks so much for developing this!Tim13

I agree, fantastic add-on.Great job guys!No problems here....Win98SECJ PuttKTPA

Serge & Andy.Just want to report that I got always a crash to the desktop with your Active camera module. Not anymore! The latest version (dated 6/6/2002) works great now! Many thanks for this nice improvement!!Edmundo PIV. WinXPPro, GeForce3 Ti200

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest fastdraw

This may help. I have win98se. 2 days ago I dl the beta version even though there were comments about it crashing in win98. Son of a gun, it ran fine! My comment, simple "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW".Then last night I saw the final available so I dl it. Continuing surfing, I saw a post about AIVIEW so I dl it as well.Deleted old Flyby and put NEW and AIVIEW in modules folder. Start sim and CRASH on opening screen, not happy! Remove AIVIEW. Start sim, runs fine, happy again! Seems they don't get along? Any others, try this and see!BTW, Serge and Andy, thanks, I think you should work for MS or better still they should work for you!:-)

Hi Mike,Boy do I feel dumb. Ok, I did down-load the new file, but what I did was install the old one again...DUHHHHHHHHH. Now I have install the correct one and it works ever sooooooooooooooooo great.Sometimes I am a really pooperThis Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

I did that with too lol It works Great for me And a good thing to the maker of it "thank you "Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Guest Anticyclone

Charles,Credits of top of art programming this module go to Andy Newman. The code has been developped without any MS sources nor SDK. Do you know the recruitment procedure by Microsoft ? (LOL). The first version of Active Camera was already finished 2 months after the release of FS2000, October last year. It has not been distributed to the public since we planned to sell the module to an FS editor. The goal was to boost his FS related website. We asked $1000 (the price of a 2 or 3 months banner) but he denied our offer. Andy recently updated Active Camera to FS2K2 and we finaly decided to make a freeware.We thank all the simmers who sent us (positive or negative) feedback and ideas for improvement. We are a bit surprised this module is a success. The website stats log told us Active Camera (second version) has been downloaded 9112 times the last 48 hours. That's the story of Active Camera.regards,Serge Baye

I would like to add my thanks to the list. I really like the fly by view and to be able to adjust it is fantastic. It works very well on my set up, WIN 98, GeForce256/64M, 800Mhz PII, 256M SDRAM.Thanks again!Earl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Hi Chris,Yes, been there, done that, got the tee shirt!No joy, I'm afraidMike(see my e-mail)

To Andy Newman and Serge BayeThank you very much for such a nice add-on the FS2002. Unlike other 20+ MB files, this small file that make our hobby nicer and better. Everyone from flightsim community has a load applause to your innovative production!ThanksBryanCYVR

>How can it do all that and the file is only 46k ? >I downloaded it and will place in module sub folder. >>Anyone know how to remove the "cannot load /LAGO/FSSE? dll >message? >Since I never used it I removed it but still get that >message. Also I do not want LAGO in my menu bar. As the manual explains, you can remove the ViMaCore.DLL from the modules dir to remove the LAGO menu item. We do not remove this file when de-installing because a lot of addtinal programs need it and FS is not very reliable returning information on how many programs need it. The FSSE error strongly indicates that the de-installation of FSSE was not completed correctly.Did you ask our Cosutomer Support about these issues? They are there to help you.Mathijs Kok

Many thanks for this - "Fly-by" was one of the best things about the other Fly!t simulator...Schofi