Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Page 15 shows the autopilot installation...

I took the plunge today with my first enhancement. The wing leveler/autopilot that I bought is one that some other RV builders in this area have installed in their RV-6 aircraft. You can see it on page 15:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a015.htmYou will find a link on page 15 to learn about the autopilot from their web site.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Page 15 has new photos. I have been working on my fuel tanks and went to visit a TVRVBG member to work on the tanks there and to see how his fuselage is coming along.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a015.htmMY fuselage shipped today from Van's Aircraft in Oregon via motor freight. I will be tracking its progress across the country.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The control unit that I did not show you in a photo (yet) has a gyro inside it to do wing leveling chores in automatic mode. It also has a "Smart Coupler" in it to take the serial data from my GPS to provide course tracking from the GPS unit. The smart coupler circuit develops an output DC voltage to tell the servo which way to move. Yet a third method of tracking is from a VOR/ILS receiver output signal that drives an OBS display. That last one is a simple +/- voltage input instead of the smart coupler voltage source.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The fuel tanks are sealed and curing overnight before final pressure tests. The RIGHT wing has no more rivets to be installed now that the outboard bottom skin is installed. I will be moving the RIGHT wing off the construction jig when the fuel tank is pressure checked and mounted on the wing -- and ready for storage.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a016.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

There is one more photo on page 16 showing the completed fuel tank mounted on the RIGHT wing. It is now in the storage cradle. Tomorrow I hope to finish the mechanics of installing the wing leveler servo in the LEFT wing and getting it up on the construction jig for the installation of the final wing skin.I talked with the local ABF freight agent and he expects to deliver the two crates with the fuselage on Monday as scheduled. The trailer carrying my fuselage kit is packed to come to the Atlanta area and therefore, it will move quickly across country from Utah where it is as I write this at 9:25 PM EDT, August 6, 2003.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The wing leveler servo is mounted in the wing and I have begun to rivet the last wing skin on the underside of the LEFT wing.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a016.htmThe fuselage shipment is rolling between Albuquerque, NM and Weatherford, OK as I write this Thursday night, August 7th at 11:45 PM EDT. The Monday delivery appears to be on track.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The truck with my shipment went from Oklahoma to Little Rock and is now scheduled for an overnight run to Atlanta arriving there on Saturday. The truck will then be unpacked and stuff sorted onto other trailers headed all around the south. That trailer came all the way from Portland, Oregon without the doors being opened!If ABF does what they did with the wing shipment in January, the trailer coming from ATL to Chattanooga will come up here Sunday night for delivery on Monday.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN