Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

Did anyone ever have any success with a Glide Wrapper

Ever since my Voodoo 3 hit the skids, I have been unable to use PP99. In fact I recently got rid of it. But being a bit nostalgic, I am looking at getting it again and wondered if anyone ever had any luck running it through a wrapper.Last time I checked, PP99 was extremely picky about that and I don't think anyone ever did, but I would be interested in knowing.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I never tried the Glide Wrapper. I just went out and snagged a Voodoo 5000 card. I did have it shipped to me in a plane, brown wrapper!It would be nice though if some bit of software emulation could allow the Wonder that is PP99 to be appreciated by the teeming masses.Doc Bryant

All the GLIDE wrappers I have ever heard about failed with PP99. I used the Banshee in the early days and jumped to the Voodoo 5 myself later on to get better anti-aliasing, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Sorry, I had no luck with 3 or 4 of them. I have PP99 on a laptop (as well as the main PC), but since you can't add a Voodoo, I really tried hard to make the wrappers work - but alas, they didn't - and I got them from various wrapper sites.Dave H.