Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

The wings are complete...

I have completed all the riveting on the aluminum portion of the wings for my RV-9A. I have also cleaned up and reorganized the shop to make way for the fuselage kit and its construction. My two crates from Van's Aircraft are in the Atlanta ABF freight terminal.Let the fun begin again!http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/rv9a017.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I discovered that ABF does not do residential deliveries on Mondays. So, the delivery of the fuselage kit happens Tuesday morning. After doing my thing for the company in the "office", I had enough time to finish the fiberglass tips for the horizontal stabilizer and pop-rivet those in place. I also cut the fiberglass tip for the vertical stabilizer to size, but I am holding off on attaching that one for a while.I made three saw horses for use in fuselage construction. Tomorrow comes the unpacking and checking the inventory list.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Whew, you are ahead of me. The replacement tailgate for my M37 Dodge truck arrived today. Along with a Leslie A200 locomotive air horn like on the early diesel locomotives and some electric locomotives. A huge heavy bronze thing. I bet I can send cows right into heat with one or two good blasts.Now I got to get working on the truck to catch up to you Jerry.Doc Bryant

Could we please have pictures, Doc? And a wav file for the horn would be wonderful - turn it up!Best regards.Luis

I can see that I am going to have to stop over near Casa Doc on my big trip out west next year in the RV-9A. I am sure I can get a blast from that new horn!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Sign in to follow this