Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Worried about Scott

This is a dangerous world, particularly at this moment, particularly for Americans, particularly for American military.The military is stretched pretty thin and even the National Guard is off in these dangerous places.Does anyone have any news of Scott at all? He has not been around here for a while.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Luis and all, We haven't heard from Scott since early June, and that is after numerous emails and telephone calls. He has disappeared off the face of the earth.

Yeah, that doesn't seem good at all.Scott does disappear from time to time, but Tom Allensworth usually knows what's up.That he doesn't....::worry,worry::[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Yes, that's usually true... but, when he doesn't return calls, and email after all this time, I am left with the conclusion that Scott has taken his leave of the community. I am sorry that he hasn't posted a note here letting us all know, if indeed that is the case.

Doc, I thought that Meekal already was filling in for Scott. As far as I know, Meekal continues to be our moderator. Unless you are looking for another day job.Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis,No thank you. I am already dodging all the work one can possibly dodge in a day's time. If I had any other work not to do I would become unbearably overloaded with making excuses, procrastination and stalling. My plate is full, sorry!Doc Bryant

By the way, Doc, I have been meaning to ask you if you would show some pictures of your wonderful project (I mean the truck).Even if it is just parts at the moment, surely we are all very curious.Best regards.Luis

Parts is not pretty, Brother Luis....I have a box of blackout lights...but I have to turn on the lights to see them....I have the USAF ramp black out lights, which have blue lenses. I guess that is to disguise the truck as a taxiway....I just got the replacement bed floor in. Now I need the bolts to replace the ones I am going to cut off when I take the old floor out. I have the cargo top (canvas top) bows. In case I decide to get a canvas bed cover.I have a replacement tailgate. But no hardware to hang the tailget nor to latch it in place.I found a replacement electronic ignition for the water tight points distributor.I need the GI light switch, and the repacement metal signage in teh cab. I know where both of them are.And finally, I need to remove the engine and radiator and repair both.Doc Bryant