Sign in to follow this  

parent needs help

hello everyone,1st time here, was in chat & was directed here to ask about a game called pro pilot 2000,game is for 11 yr old son, on a copaq computer 7585 with 775 mhz,256 ram & dsla friend of my sons had a copy of this & son wanted a copy also looked al over locally, then sons friend said that ""maybe we could find a copy on ebayfound a copy but when in chat here was told "'it was an old game & many stolen copies are being sold on ebay.question(s)problem :1,,i sent out a ck,'certified mail" thursday should I canel it,2, how can i tell if this game is a legite or a copy3,,when i asked seller after i sent ck if son would be able to understand the instruction book, was told "no instructions & cd would self install"4,,,would it be able to be played on the about computer without something called a joystickthank you for any help, tb199

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I might be able to help a little. Oh, BTW welcome to the Pro Pilot forum. :-hahFirst, there is NO Pro Pilot 2000. Anyone who claims to have it is mistaken. There was only ProPilot 98 (blue box with NO 3D effects) and Pro Pilot 99 (purple box, requiring a glide graphics video card/Voodoo card to enjoy the 3D effects... such as volumetric clouds). So should you cancel your check? It's your call, really. As much as I (and everyone else here) loved/loves Pro Pilot, it IS an old game by today's standards.If the sim does not have any instructions, it is possible that it's the single CD "bargain" version which was sold with only the CD in a jewel case, possibly there was a small CD insert included. As far as I know, it will not "self install" but when the CD is put in the CD drive of the computer, it should auto run, at which point the user simply follows the directions. If there are no instructions at all, it would be difficult (but not impossible) to figure out all the key commands. If there is no box at all, no instructions at all, just the CD in a jewel case, it could very well be a copy. Yes, Pro Pilot CAN be run without a joystick (or pedals), but it's much more enjoyable WITH a joystick(and pedals)-- that goes for any flight simulator IMO. It would also run well on the computer with the specs you mentioned. However as I mentioned earlier, Pro Pilot 99 requires a video card supporting the glide API (any one of the voodoo family of cards, also old video technology) in order to see the 3D effects of the sim. Without the proper video card, the sim will run but the graphics will look blocky. I'm sure I've forgotten some info and someone else who may still be running ProPilot will pop in with better answers, but I hope I've helped a little. ;-)-Lindy :-wave

hello lindy,thank you for your nice welcome & for all the good information,believe that i will cancel the ck, & have son return this to the seller,and asking for my ck back, (i was able to find the information by the seller,) thank you for the help,tb199,,,,p.s. any other advise is appreciatedYou are bidding on "PRO PILOT 2000" by SIERRA. Pro Pilot 2000 is a flight program comparable to Flight Simulator. It focuses more on realistic flight operations, and less on gameplay. Flight startup is more complex, and instead of a visual map, there is a more technical GPS system. Focusing on piloting procedures, while providing assistance to novice, enthusiast, student and professional pilots, the "PRO PILOT 2000" offers a different experience for every skill level. Hardware acceleration is supported only for 3dfx cards.

After seeing the graphic... I SUPPOSE it could have been an alpha copy (test copy) for PP2000. The ProPilot 2000 was on the drawing board and slated for commercial release, but never was sold to the public. If it WAS a test copy, it would be incomplete, not fully functional and IMO a bad purchase decision. If your son wants a civilian flight simulator and you don't want to purchase Microsoft's offering, the options right now are a bit limited. But if you keep searching, you might be able to find a legitimate copy of ProPilot 99 for sale somewhere. Alternatives are the Flight Unlimited series and/or Fly!2 -- both of which are no longer in production, but both are excellent sims (again IMO). And each has a forum here at Avsim.Good luck-Lindy :-wave

will be cking mail today to see if arrived, if so will advise whats on label also please see email from seller enclosed, copy, tb199,==================================Mon, 08 Sep 2003 We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following item:Item title: PRO PILOT 2000 - PC/CD ROM - NICE SIMULATION!------------------------------I haven't received the money order yet. The auction says PROPILOT 2000, so it is PROPILOT 2000!!!

well today my son recieced his "'Propilot 2000???>9/13/03 seller on ebay, (claimed all along over & over was a propilot 2000)but when son started to install guess what, see pict, "'PROPILOT 98"', front cover says Propilot, back cover in left corner shows PROPILOT2000, then when SELLER told , acted like he didn't know it was propilot 98, son isn't to happy about it, slow,grapics, ect, I'll just write the $11.50 + shipping off as a lesson, thanks for all your help, Tb"

"==================================Mon, 08 Sep 2003 We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following item:Item title: PRO PILOT 2000 - PC/CD ROM - NICE SIMULATION!------------------------------I haven't received the money order yet. The auction says PROPILOT 2000, so it is PROPILOT 2000!!!"I wouldn't write it off. I would contact the entity which conducted the auction and claim that they aided and abetted false advertising.Good luck,

I'd contact eBay, cause the guy a bit of grief for misleading you about what you were bidding on. Maybe he'll learn something.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

HELLO ALL THANKS FOR THE INFO, I CNTACTED EBAY WROTE A BAD feedback on this joker,had everyone & anyone complainning that i should have wrote the bad report on him, (what a crock) but EVERYONE found out that this ""joker mis representive the item being sold", he had almost a week befor I won the bid to know what he was selling,so son has the cd,bt he is not happy with it,thanks again, tb

I'm really sorry to hear that your son isn't happy with the sim. Actually PP98 isn't that bad a program, but it is a several year old sim.I'm glad that you reported the seller. He needs to experience some consequence for cheating through e-Bay and misrepresenting the product. If your son should decide to give ProPilot 98 a chance anyway, he can visit here with his questions. This is about the only place left online where you can find folks who have PP98 experience.-Lindy :-wave

hello "Lindy" I will mark this site for son & let him know to ask or try to talk to you,"gene' already told me this program isn't like what his friend has,so don't know if I will try to get him another game like this or not,from what i saw of the game it looks like it is a game where a person is flying a plane,could you rec some that son can play with that are like the "propilot 99',(son's friend has this) that can be played on his computer,useing win98 son dosen't have a handle or ??? only use's the mouse,and i will try to find locally for him, thank you again,tb

I'm not too sure I understand what you're asking. ProPilot 98 and Pro Pilot 99 are both flight simulators. Yes, you're "flying a plane" Both PP98 and PP99 are basically the same simulator....... PP99 is the 2nd version of PP98. If your son's friend really has ProPilot 99, your son now owns the first version of that same simulator.What is different about the friend's game versus the PP98 you got for your son? ALL flight sims allow the player to "fly" an airplane.Good luck-Lindy :-rotor:-wave

ProPilot 98 is far from "junk". ProPilot 99 is basically the same simulation, but with advanced graphics. What I would like to suggest is that you get your son a joystick, this will make the experience far more fun."Keep 'em flying!" :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003