Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Isabel -- came and went

Well, I'm not sure how many of you might have been in Isabel's path. But I thought I'd check in to let you guys know I managed to make it through undamaged. The condo didn't get hit with a tree; I didn't flood; I didn't even lose electricity (although my cable TV went out at 7:30 p.m. EDT :-( ).Walking around the condo complex this morning, I found dozens of roof shingles, some siding ripped off, a shutter from a window lying on the ground, and the fence around the property down -- half of it was down, the other half was leaning precariously. Took a short drive around my immediate area -- trees everywhere. Some snapped in half, some torn out of the ground by the roots. :-eek Several intersection traffic signals were not operating. I'm sure the police who were out directing traffic were tired to the bone. Driving courtesy, never in overabundence here, seemed even less noticeable than usual.But all in all, I think our area (Va. Beach) managed to make it through Isabel in relatively good shape. Now if my cable TV would just come back on! :-lol -Lindy (I survived Hurricane Isabel) :-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good to hear from you Lindy. It is obvious that your dial-up internet connection still works.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi VALady,Glad to hear you survived the "Hurry Came" :-) Things are still the same out here in the middle of the desert.(Hot and dry)Had to take both props off Big Red yesterday and put them on a trailer to take to Phoenix Sunday to have an inspection (AD)done that occurs every five years or 500 hours. You can guess which is the case this time. No not the five hundred hours. :-(Haven't heard from the porkster since Sandy and I met him in Lost Wages a while back have you?Any long range plans for another trip out west?Take care,Cap'n tall"over and out"

Good to hear from ya. :-jumpy No plans to date for any trips out west... at least no further west than MAYBE Omaha to see Mom again. And even that's not set in stone. I actually heard from the Porkster yesterday morning. He called from CA just to tell me if the eye passes overhead that I should go out and look at it "'cause it's really cool." Then get my butt back inside! :-lol Sounds like Big Red isn't getting the flight time he needs. :-hmmm I'll bet if you extended an invite to Pork, he'd be more than happy to visit and take it up for a stretch. :-eek :-lol I do want to get back out there again, maybe next year. Say "HI" to Sandy for me. Hugs to both of you.-Lindy :-beerchug:-wave