Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Back from my travels...in Tennessee again.

It is good to be back in my digs again. I have been doing some clean up around here before resuming work on the fuselage again. I did manage to get in 2.1 hours today. I have a few rows of rivet holes to drill where the center fuselage overlaps the tail cone skins. After that, it will be time to disassemble all the center and forward components that are not already primed and riveted together. That leaves me with a lot of countersinking, deburring, dimpling, and priming to do before the permanent assembly with rivets begins. I will post pix of the stuff when I get it laid out on the driveway for priming.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looking forward to the pictures, Jerry, and glad to know that you made it back safely from your overseas trip!What about those shots that you promised of the old DC-3s at the airport? They have been abandoned there for decades, but I always water at the mouth when I drive by and see them. What I wouldn't do to have a DC-3 of my own. Of course, I don't know what I would do with one, and those old wrecks need millions in renovation funds. Still, that was a lovely aircraft.Best regards.Luis

Jerry... glad to have you back with us again. Welcome home. -Lindy :-beerchug:-wave

The web pages are updated, the work on the airplane stands at just over 777 hours of actual construction time, and now off to work out of town for a day and half. I will be back at home on Thursday when the weather gets better and should be able to find time to do some priming of aluminum parts for the next round of assembly work.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Thanks for the pictures, Jerry.Strange to see that Kazakhstan jet here. Makes me wonder if the Russian mafia is here on vacation or expanding their international business.Air Europa is a Spanish line, flies regularly here.Have a good time up north. This is a perfect opportunity to fly Hooters Air to Newark. Please take plenty of pictures!Best regards.Luis

With all the miles I have on the Delta, the free upgrade to first class was the difference.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The light rain over the past two days has delayed my spray priming session. The work on the RV-9A has come to a halt until I can work outside on the driveway. I will update the web pages when all is moving ahead again. And I will take some pix of the metal laying out on the butcher paper in the driveway when the weather clears.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Right Brother Luis....Five Star dining at Hooters.The help makes a bigger impression than the menu :-xxrotflmaoDoc Bryant

Sign in to follow this