Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

Help needed - European version PP99

Hi folks,I just purchased ProPilot 99 German edition as its sold for about 5$ now. As I must admit I'm a FLYII fan but have got an old portable PC and ProPilot 99 seems to run well on it. So I want to use PP99 when not at home. I could install it from CDs, want to improve it but there are only the US-patches (pp9913sn.exe and pp9913sn.w02 - w10) available. They do not work with my German PP99. I searched the net but the only hint was to get the US-Version of Flight.exe - that would work (I am not sure, someone wrote that). Sierra/Germany even mentiones ProPilot anymore, there is absolutely no support.So I would be very very happy if anyone could mail me that file. I think there are no legal problems as I am the owner of a bought version with all the other files and Sierra is not interested in PP99 anymore. If someone has a fast internet connection, its a matter of some minutes as my file flight.exe (German version) has only 1.64 MB size.I would be very thankful for any help or any other hints to solve the problem.HeliFLYerGeorg (EDDW)vollnhals-bremen@nord-com.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not certain about this because it's been so long, but I don't think the European version NEEDS the patches. I believe they were incorporated into the sim before it was sold there. If I'm wrong, please accept my apology. And I'm sure someone else will pop in and correct me if that's the case. One thing I might add though is unless you have a video card which will support the Glide API, you won't get all the great 3D graphic effects, specifically the puffy volumetric clouds. And the graphics will appear very blocky. But the sim will run just fine only minus the effects.-Lindy :-wave

Hi Lindy,thank you very much for your prompt reply. If the version I own cannot be improved further I can live with that. First of all I was hopefully the European scenery (rivers ..) could be corrected a little bit. ProPilot 99 was programmed in 1998 and has value for me today, 2003! A really BIG flightsim at that time. Its a pity they stopped development like TRI (FLY) also did.Have much fun with flightsim and once again thank you for your help!RegardsGeorg (EDDW)

Georg, but I hope someone with more recent experience with PP jumps in here to either confirm or deny what I told you about the patches. :-)I too used Fly!2K and Fly!2 for a long time before finally being seduced by MS FS, which I have really come to appreciate.Have fun with ProPilot.-Lindy :-wave

Thank you once again, Lindy. Maybe there is someone who can pass me that flight.exe.Georg

>Hi folks,>I just purchased ProPilot 99 German edition as its sold for>about 5$ now. As I must admit I'm a FLYII fan but have got an>old portable PC and ProPilot 99 seems to run well on it. So I>want to use PP99 when not at home. I could install it from>CDs, want to improve it but there are only the US-patches>(pp9913sn.exe and pp9913sn.w02 - w10) available. They do not>work with my German PP99. I am pretty sure that by the time pro pilot was released to Europe, the European scenery was already fixed and there was no update. However, the patch to version 1.03 at the Adrenaline Vault athttp://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_temp.asp?patch=pp99may apply to you... Art

Hello Art,thank you very much for your hint. This patch works with my CD-Version which is 1.0.0.1, therafter 1.0.0.3. It is the last patch pp9913sn.exe (and other) which does not work. But anyway I am thankful that there is some reaction on my request.Enjoy flight-simming!Georg (EDDW)

Hi Georg,I just stumbled over your request and looked in my old backup CDs. And yes, I have found a rather large update pp9913sn.exe (approx. 90 MB split across 10 files). I think that this has worked with my copy of Pro Pilot 99 (German version). I could copy these files on a CD and send it to you, if you still need them, that is.Just tell me what you think in a short reply and I can contact you via email for further details/shipping address.Fly HighJoerg (EDDF)

As an old timer, (who unfortunately does not have PP99 anymore) I know for a fact that the European versions of PP99 DID IN FACT require the patch. In fact many Europeans were up in arms because the size of the patch, and they did in fact need copies of the "flight.exe" to make it work. I even remember some discussion on this board with one of the developers at Dynamix, and he "blessed" this arrangement because he had told us that Sierra had decided not to officially patch the European versions.So anyone out there who has the US version, do a fellow PP99 person a favor and give them the flight.exe version.The patch made Europe even better than the US because of the better textures, and up until I purchased Gibraltar 2004 for FS2004 has the best rendition of Gibraltar of any sim ever. Even included the 'quays' for the ships.The airport was nothing but a strip, but it did show the proper outline and shape of the Rock. Only a 15 Euro addon has since beat it.And if you can find a way to jury rig a Voodoo 1, 2 or 3 card into that laptop (perhaps via a docking station) I highly recommend it.

Hello Joerg,thank you very much for your kind reply and offer. I am still very interested in updating ProPilot 99. I could download those files (pp9913sn.exe, pp9913sn.w02 - w10) but the update-program can't find the PP99 Original CD:[Message (pp9913sn.exe):]Select CD-ROM DriveOne or more of the Pro Pilot 99 files to be patched are not installed on your hard drive.Please insert your Pro Pilot 99 CD into your CD-ROM drive and check the path below before selecting the "next" button.----------------------I select the right CD-ROM DRIVE with the original PP99 CD (Pro Pilot 99 CD 1 - Deutsch - S0013941 ):----------------------[Message (pp9913sn.exe):]Missing CD!please put the Pro Pilot 99 CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive.----------------------I did several modified tries, but no success!----------------------May be you can help me with a hint, might be another version of pp9913sn.exe. Therefore I try to contact you via AVSIM. If that is not successful, please do me the favour and try the same!RegardsGeorg (EDDW)(Herzliche Gr

Hello Will,thanks a lot for your very precise answer. I got some rather unspecific information about flight.exe and just want to try whether it works or not. I would be very grateful if anyone with a cheap connection could mail it to me because there might be no other solution and I can't get it here in Europe. I use my laptop at work because I have to stay there for 24 h or more and I canot use a docking station. I tried to use some Glide Wrapper Emulators with partial success, will continue the tests.Will, once again my thanks for your answer. I can't express it in English, but I am very lucky to get 2 replies (from Joerg, see above) and you after that time. Have a wonderful Christmas, stay healthy, regards fromGeorg (EDDW) http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53369.jpg

Hello Joerg,I tried to contact you via AVSIM but could not. You will find my email address in the first message I wrote. Thank you!Georg (EDDW)