Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calvin

Can anyone help?

Hi All,I recently have had my interest in PP rekindled :-smile12 . I am a legally registered (licensed) owner, but my copies of PP99 were destroyed (hindsight: I should have burned some backups) :-( anyway, I have not been able to locate any other retail copies of '99 even in the bargain bins. I did find PP-USA, but it was drastically improved in '99.Can someone help me acquire a set (hopefully with needed patches)? I'll even take a "burned" PP99 set. If you have the patches that applies to PP-USA, I would like those too. It's better than nothing.I always appreciated having the "Flight Instructor" (Mode>>Dual Flight) along for the ride as he kept me on my toes! I havent't found this duplicated in other sims that I remember, hence my request above. Can anyone recommend any sim that has Flight Instructor ride-a-long capability. I am especially interested in the input of real pilots. As I see it, if I can't obtain the above, I will need some direction toward what I should use for cheap flight training. I understand that Cat III's Virtual Wings is very accurate, but there is no longer even a demo for Windows. There are also Elite, OnTop, etc., but they also want hundreds of dollars. Not an option. If you can help me with either of these feel free to reply here or you can e-mail me direct at cjkaw@earthlink.net if you do not want to clutter this forum. Your help will be greatly appreciated!TIA,Calvin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Calvin,in Germany PP 99 (European version) is sold actually by a big Internet seller with millions of customers for about 5$ in a box with 2 books inside! They must have have a great number of that, otherwise they don't sell it. May be you can get one copy from eBay, in Germany its possible.---------------->>>>>>>ALL patches for the US version can be downloaded from Sierra.com!ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/ie.: ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/pp99103.exe----------------<<<<<<

Calvin,There are many flight instructor modes included with Microsoft's FS2002 & FS2004 (private thru instrument)if you can't get a copy of Pro-Pilot. And the program is a lot cheaper than Elite & On Top. Another advantage of MSFS is that the data-base for airports, taxiways, topography, & navigation is a lot more complete since Pro-Pilot is going on five years old.As to the FS2002/FS2004 flight instruction, it's not total perfection, but does quite a credible job. L.Adamson

Great ideas! I looked up a number of items. Thanks for the suggestion.Calvin

Mr. Adamson,I did find a copy of PP99, but after giving your perspective some thought, I've decided not to pursue PP further. It's been awhile since I have looked at simming and things have certainly changed.Regards,Calvin