Sign in to follow this  

hey Tom, are we allowed to discuss anything anymore?

perhaps you didn't actually read the thread...i got mad because I was trying to help newbies feel welcome in posting their questions without them being attacked for posting stupid questions...it was my inability to help and defend the normal ask a question, glad to help you thing via the deleting of the thread that p****d me off.forget it...obviously it's a waste to try and actually explain oneself...ed: and if you want a happy place, you could drop the "lonely hearts" type comments. search the archives before you group me. find a negative post by me. Tom clearly has no problem with people who get mad once every three and a half years!

>This is a place for people helping each other to make Flying >available to all us blue collar folks who don't have the >rubles to lay down on a real Archer III. Thinking of a Citation X, myself! :)

...Hey Man,I like your vision! - Kinda like our own "WOODSTOCK" :)

MichaelI deleted my own thread not as a sign to you :-) but becuase I decided I had written a load of rubbish (which I often do :-)Peternb dont get so uptight my threads are always being locked ;-)

Well, I have a better one!Who here would be interested in a forum where you can say WHATEVER THE HECK YOU WANT!AND if you don't like it, DON'T SHOW UP!I have SERIOUSLY been debating putting a site up just for that reason.Carmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool

Hi all,Here is my nickel... These guys and gals have a lot to put up with and I think they do a great job the majority of the time.And this is coming from a guy who has had 3 threads locked on me today at the Outer marker Forum at Flightsim. Mind you, they were locked, but not removed.I am a guest here and at Flightsim, and if they want to lock up a thread or remove it, that is their perogative.Regards,Joe :-wave.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest N247BK

Me Too !,But, ya gotta start somewhere !LA ... please don't leave any time soon .... I don't know that I wouldn't take up golf or something if the real good folks took-off on me (no pun intended !).Why would anyone get "mad" over anything involving this hobby ? That's the only thing I can't seem to grasp.Help me out .... !

Guest Edam

Perhaps Carmine is right, and any such threads should be taken "off-site" once that they are deemed not allowed here. That should please everyone. The downside is that people are used to going to a specific place to post and may be reluctant to go elsewhere, but it's worth a shot. I say "go for it," Carmine.

>>It's disgusting that in a free society the censorship on >here has gotten so out of hand. Michael,you mix things up. This is a PIVATE forum, where it is the right of the people who own own it or who make it to decide, what they want to have publisehed and what not.If you write a letter to the editot of a news paper, then the editor will decide if this letter will be published or not. If it is not published, then this fact has ABSLOLUTELY NOTHING to do with censorship! The same applies for this forum!Censorship was, if an official authority (the government or the administration) would force the publisher to delete postings here in the forum.Wolfgang

Aidan is absolutely right in that there really are very few threads removed or locked compared to the amount that get posted in here. I have removed messages or threads and locked threads when I see it necessary and have not seen otherwise from Aidan or any other forum admin. I back him up totally.

Their is a big picture here that you and others that think we are heavy-handed in moderation do not see. First, unless you are here 24/7, I don't think you truly have a good idea on what exactly is being deleted. The fact there there is very little deleted or locked compared to how much is posted here tells me that you have an exagerated idea that we just lock or delete on a whim, which we don't.Second, you mentioned you simply asked for a democratic response to your opinions and I believe you got them. Don't get this wrong, the policies we setup are by no means democratic. We do take into consideration the thoughts of our users, but ultimately we will go with what we think best for OUR website. You got many responses that didn't agree with you and I see you got very frustrated and that showed in your relies back to those people. I believe you also mentioned the word "hypocrite".Personally I did feel your initial message was a bit harsh and you simply wrote while angry and didn't think before hitting the post button. If I wanted to remove that message, I would have to remove the whole thread since all are attached to it. Several people used expletives in their messages. We've said before to keep this kind of language out of the forums. I will usually try to just edit that out, but sometimes that is not possible and the whole message gets removed. If I see several people going back and forth for many threads, I will usually remove the whole thread instead of trying to individually remove all the messages. There are a lot of variables that we try to consider and it isn't always easy. If I see one incident from someone that isn't serious, I usually try to get by with as little moderation as possible. If you are constantly pushing the boundaries of the policies, then you will be watched and your postes are usually deleted swiftly by me for any breaking of the rules.In the end, none of us are here 24/7 and some things do slip by sometimes. I guess you may view this as inconsistant. I just say it is inevitable when you can't cover a forum 24 hours a day.

Let me tell you something. I have seen posts deleted on occasion, and yet certain people can post what they like. How many times have I seen HARDWARE issues in this forum, and yet it's CLEARLY OFF TOPIC! There was a forum for this.. last time I looked :-roll. Some people are allowed to stray right off the MSFS subject, and no one says a thing :(And while I'm in complain mode, why is it that a person posts in the hope of getting comments on a repaint, 50 people look but CAN'T EVEN BE ASSED TO REPLY? I see this time and time again, and clearly the readers don't have a heart! :-mad No, I haven't had a poor response, as I don't have the skills to model planes and my repaints are classified!People are way too selfish these days: Grab what you can and don't even bother thanking the person who gave it to you for free. I always say thanks to freeware authors and they reply telling me, "hardly anyone bothers to say thanks". There's something VERY wrong with that, don't you think? :(Please delete my account as I won't be posting again! :-P Flightsims are fantastic btw. A message to ex-EFG members: your models were very good, but don't be slaves to the freeware junkies anymore! There's more to life than working your butt off for free, and receiving destructive criticism. To any other freeware author who is unhappy with the lack of thanks or useful feedback: Don't be a slave to the freeware junkies, with their insatiable, selfish attitudes! They will praise you when they have something to GAIN, and attack you when they wanted something else! Take their toys away and let them cry!The sentence below is for those people who attack freeware authors with destructive criticism:#### off!

Give me a break!>Be real nice if we had permission to have a thread where we can actually act like adults

Your ultimate wish has been granted Dear Sir. Thanks for your comments and I wish you the best for the rest of your life. :-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog