Sign in to follow this  

hey Tom, are we allowed to discuss anything anymore?

ScottI think Michaels original question was asking for a clarification on what is or is not acceptable.The problem is the grey areas and the direction the threads take.For instance it might be policy to not allow inter sim threads. Sim X v sim Y type scenariosIn reality some discussion is bound to cross between sims and comparisons will occur. That in itself is healthy what isnt healthy is "taunting" or trying to stir trouble by playing on the pack instinct.But here we have a large opportunity to tread in grey areas where moderators have to use their judgement.It should be easy "is this an inflamatory post designed to play on the pack instinct" or a genuine comparison which could help both sims?Repetative subjects maybe slightly different.I am a great believer in the "market decides" :-)If people think here we go again then no body will respond and the subject will die.The Market decides will also show whether Avsim have it right or wroung on their policy making by whether people use the forums.In the same way that Avsim can determine the content of their forums the individual has a choice whether to use those forums or not.So far the forums are lively and well used so they must have the balance fairly well right.I am known for bringing up sensitive subjects in my postings and Avsim have been tolerant on letting them run to see where they go.Very rarely one is closed for one reason or another but my attitude is very much "so be it we live to post another day".Mind you I must admit to liking playing in the grey areas as thats where you get the best fishing grounds as well as the worst storms but thats me real life to my cost sometimes ;-)Peter

Michael, you are in the wrong place at the wrong time but that doesn't mean that you are wrong. Those attitudes keep on swinging back and forth and the mass just follows the pendulum.

Hi Peter,Great post. You have conveyed my thoughts better than I, and I thank you for that. As one who is also known to dabble in the Grey. I call it the truth.. :-lol :-lolI will convey my opinions, but I won't get upset, because we can continue to post.And they also removed one of my threads from yesterday over at Flightsim, which was probably nicer in words than the ones they left up. Go Figure..???So you always have that huh feeling, but I am their guest, so I have no plans to take my ball and bat and go home.They do a great job here, and they let us vent our feelings as well..Thanks for posting Peter, and thanks to the mod squad for letting this continue.Regards,Joe :-wave.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>Michael, you are in the wrong place at the wrong time but that doesn't mean that you are wrong. Those attitudes keep on swinging back and forth and the mass just follows the pendulum.

Hi Jeff,I checked it last night before I went to bed at 10, and I can't check it at work as it is blocked. I can access Yahoo, but not 3rd party Mail. I will check it when I get home.Or you can repaste it to a user message here or at flightsim, as I can check those all day long. :-)Regards,Joe http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

a lot of people look at things in many different ways, like what it should be, what is was, etc..BUT!! we forget one real thing and that is, what it is! in other words: realityand the the reality of avsim.com is that it is owned an operated by tom and whoever else and those people can do WHATEVER THE CRAP THEY WANT!! and we (the non onwners) DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OF ANY OF THAT WHETHER WE THINK WE SHOULD OR NOT, WE JUST DONT!just like say i wanna open up a va, well if i don't like how things are going (for any reason) i can just shut it down and/or throw those folks off. in other words the dude in charge calls the shots and we aint the dudeciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Mike: sorry, I grew up taught that adults have the guts to say what they feel when they feel it and the integrity to then admit it if they were wrong. Children stay silent and wait until they know which is the "right" answer, thereby avoiding conflict. This is why after large family dinners, the adults would stay at the table and argue politics while the kids ran off and played games ;). I hardly think my self-admittedly exagerated frustration was as close to the line as many other posts I've read.Peter: you should run for office :). And thanks for reading and understanding my ACTUAL post which is a request for clarification to avoid such frustration.Scott: please read my other various posts. I clearly gained enlightment into the difficulties of the mods. I was speaking to my wife about all of this last night and how it occured to me that sometimes a mod would be viewing a thread before going off to work for the day and must thus make a call as to where the thread is GOING to be since you guys really aren't going to stare at the forums 24/7 for free (why not!! ;)).Oh...strange, as yesterday I was so bloody angry, today I'm happy. And most certainly I don't have experience knowing when/why threads are locked or deleted.Just such a shock to see an entire thread removed that it made me angry and frustrated.I'm allowed to get angry and frustrated..I'm allowed to post and question it...I'm allowed to learn something...We're allowed to move on (can we??? Please??)Here's hoping this monster soon dies :D,michael