Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Have a wonderful day, everyone -- especially those amongst who celebrate this holiday. Don't eat so much that you'll get sick. :~P Enjoy. :-spam1 :-lol-Lindy :-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks and to all the same :)Did you figure out the computer problem? I wonder if your power supply might be going out? Den

No, I haven't got it figured out yet. But a different monitor and/or different keyboard won't register. It's as if nothing is getting any power. But if I connect my external CD-RW drive, the light for that will come on when I power up.I'll be taking the whole mess into the shop and let someone look at it. It's beyond my talents at this point. And for the record, my Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. Yum!-Lindy :-beerchug

I wish you good luck with it. It sounds like a power supply problem, but exactly where? I have had a computer shut down when the power supply did not have enough power coming out, but maybe it will be something like a fuse, or maybe your new card pushed your supply over the edge. It will soon be well again, I am sure :)Den

No problem on the overeating Lindy. I have been on the night shift all this week so the grey beards can have the holiday off. I told them they could have Turkey Day and I was getting Christmas Day. They quickly agreed as they departed for their "family gettogeather" in Las Vegas. Right. The family that shoots craps togeather stays togeather. I told them they must visit the Liberace museum. That should keep them in line for a while.I can attest to the sleep inducing powers of turkey. Or was it the sleep inducing power of ten hour shifts?Doc Bryant

SAVE THE TURKEYS! (Wait, you know what I mean.) Eat a spotted owl, instead.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. A supreme comment on America that we celebrate the arrival in this land of a band of poor, ignorant boat people. My poor ignorant ancestors made it to that land in luxury - a Boeing 707 carried them in comfort. Now, everyone flies to Vegas. I once dropped $200 at the craps table at Caeser's Palace. Don't really see what is enjoyable about that. Someone has to explain this one to me.Best regards.Luis

The new video card I installed was longer than the old one. When I seated it in the AGP slot, the end snapped off the retaining clip to my memory stick.The Best Buy folks found the broken clip; moved the RAM stick to a free slot; installed and set up my new card. I'm back in the air!! :-jumpyNow I have a perfectly good FX5600 256 mg DDR RAM video card that needs a home. Anyone want it?-Lindy :-wave :-rotor

Hi Lindy,Glad that you are back up and running :)Always good to not overlook the simple things, often they hold all the clues!Den