Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Fix for landing lights reported in FSim.com forum

I will post a copy of a message in the FSim.com forum for those who missed it or don't frequent the site.I believe that this fix is most important as there is nothng more annoying than those aircraft where you can't see the landing lights from the cockpit. I haven't tried it yet and hope that it works.The original post was by somebody called "Chris" ---- Thanks Chris!===============================================================I don't know if this has been posted up or not but if you go into your effects folder and edit fx_beaconb.fx and under {Properties} (squagre brackets of course) add Cockpit=1 and save it and there you go! all the defaul a/c landing lights will now be seen from the cockpit and if its an add-on and in the lights section they have the 2k2 lights setup you will see it! hope this helps.----------------------Chris =====================================================================Barry

Guest firehawk44

Did not work for me. Still see lights only in virtual cockpit mode and spot view. Perhaps I did something wrong...

Guest SoarPics

I tried this fix some time back... didn't work for me either. Maybe I'll try again.

Don't get too excited too soon - I just checked and my beaconb.fx file already has the line in question and I sure can't see landing lights from the cockpit. There are a whole bunch of beacon_.fx files and of these, only two - beaconr.fx and beacony.fx do not have a Cockpit=1 line in their Property Section. Not sure what this means but I'm afraid it doesn't mean landing lights.Stan V.

Guest SoarPics

I just tried this fix as outlined above. I edited the fx_beaconb.fx and did a copy and paste of the Baron's Aircraft.cfg "LIGHTS" section. I can only see the landing light when in spot plane. Still don't have it in 2D (the aircraft I'm working with has no VC).

Yes -- after posting my post this morning (before actually trying the "fix" out), I discovered that my fx_beaconb.fx file also already has the so called missing line -- hence it is no fix at all. I am not registered to post to the FSim .Com forum -- would somebody who contributes to that forum like to ask the original poster CHRIS what he is talking about??Thanks Barry

Guest Barney1

Make sure you're not confusing the default entry with the one that is being suggested. The default entry reads: Virtual Cockpit as well as Spot, Tower and Map. The suggested additional entry is Cockpit.

Works for me!Checked most of the default a/c and my add-on 767PIC, DF734, PSS Airbus, doesn't work on the 777

It doesn't work on FFG's DC-10What a pity!!! Greetings Minos

>Make sure you're not confusing the default entry with the >one that is being suggested. The default entry reads: >Virtual Cockpit as well as Spot, Tower and Map. The >suggested additional entry is Cockpit. I really don't understand what you are saying -- could you post a screenshot Thanks Barry

>Make sure you're not confusing the default entry with the >one that is being suggested. The default entry reads: >Virtual Cockpit as well as Spot, Tower and Map. The >suggested additional entry is Cockpit.As I said in a previous post, I already have the suggested Cockpit=1 line as part of my default setup.barry