Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A -- 1000 hours & Page 37 begins.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Larry,I have been watching that one as well. I saw the posting as soon as Doug put it up earlier today. He is really like a kid with a new toy. I have been trying to decide if I should go ahead with my planned purchase of the Dynon unit now or wait a while. I am certainly a long way from flying. The $500 or so for the three traditional air-operated instruments that I just bought did not seem that bad. The Dynon is over $2,000 with the accessory items I am planning to get.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

OK, Luis, no more than EIGHT pictures per page(mostly). That will keep your dial-up loading time to a reasonable wait. http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise4/rv9a037.htmI have officially gone into a holding pattern on MY RV-9A project until the next kit arrives in about SIX weeks. Now I have to get a life for a while. So, what have I done, volunteer my help to another RV builder here in town. He came by to help me buck a few rivets back when I was doing my wings. Time to repay the favor. I dropped by his place this past Saturday and provided a few tips to Larry Champion and his helper when they were starting to do the fuel tank messy stuff. I will be updating my OTHER RV section with sessions I do over there with him.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Interesting questions at the bottom of your page, Jerry. It seems as if they are more a matter of personal preference than anything else.What made you decide on this Dynon unit (that looks great, by the way!)?Best regards.Luis

Why did I choose the Dynon? Functionality has got to be the big reason. It can be re-programmed to add new functions within the limits of the hardware and any new sensors that become available. And the biggest reason, it seems to be catching on with the RV crowd including one of the most famous ones. The posting above from Larry Adamson has a link to the web site run by Doug Reeves. He is probably the best known RV builder/pilot due to his web site and his stories, etc.No sooner than I posted page 37 "completed" last night, than I wake up this morning with the realization that I have one more task to do now that the instrument panel is out of the way for a while. I have to take a piece of polyethylene foam packing material I found in my radial arm saw -- and turn it into spacer pads for the fuel line and the two brake lines in the front floor board of the fuselage. Watch for the beginning of page 38 today, and the revisions to page 37 to reflect that work.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Sign in to follow this