Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Roll CALL time! Preserve your login status!

OK, everybody is probably watching the super bowl right now, except for me. I dig airplanes, or is that build an airplane. As you can tell by the time of my posting, I am not watching "the game". But, when you drop by to "lurk", take time to reply and keep from having to update your logon again. You gotta post to stay in good standing with the forum server.As for the finishing kit on my RV-9A, it is due to ship the LAST week of February. I am traveling for the company some during the month of February, but I should be here for the delivery during the first week of March.ROLL CALL!!!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jerry!Cold greetings from a sunny Sweden.ESNN 020920Z 34002KT CAVOK M18/M20 Q1009 RWY 16 ICE 26-50 PCT BA70=Nice weather for flying...I did some Tuch

Super Bowl? Darn, did I miss it again? Haven't been able to watch it for 46 years!"How old are you, Luis?""46."From what I've heard, there were some shocking revelations at this edition of the game. But, I am no fan of silicone, so it is no loss to me.Best regards.LuisI like airplanes, too!

My only flights in a PA-28 were in England in October 1999 from Stapleford to Lydd and back to Stapleford. I also got a ride that day in a French-built Robin GR-2+2.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Super Bowl?Nah. No television here at Casa Doc. I can watch the commercials on Ifilm.com. Seen Janet's boob unveilled by the guy named after a boot.So, I am pretty much caught up. Figured New England would win, since they had the biggest wallet. And now the biggest monied team has won the past six years running.Doc Bryant

It warms the cockles of me 'eart to see so much testosterone that did NOT watch The Game! :-lol Luis... you didn't miss much (the 'revelation'). It's been repeated on all the news programs ad nauseum, which is how I heard of it since, of course, I didn't watch the game either. :-erks I was simming.-Lindy :-rotor:-wave

Here I am. Renewed my flight physical in mid-Jan. Been a busy week - 3 birthdays in the family since 29 Jan: a 30, a 2, and a 50 (bet you can't guess which one is me ;) ).Dave in Fayetteville, GA

>How did I save you from another pita?I'd tried to reply to three different posts over several months, but had "timed out".That's not so bad, but each time I failed to "reconnect" after several tries. So, I just gave up each time.A while back I tried "once more", with success.I don't what to go through that again, so thanks for remindingme to post now and then, just to prevent a royal "pain in the a - -".Thanks again, Dan

Dave,Tell us about your recent flights. How many hours do you have in your log book? Do you see your check ride coming any time soon?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Game was good.......Nipple-gate was a joke. Then again, an appropriate finish to a disgusting show.Luis, no Coconut Bowl there?Pork

It would seem that the faithful have been counted. We all await the next "happening", whatever it shall be. The ETC web site still is in a coming soon mode:http://www.flyprotrainer.com/As for my RV-9A project, the FINISHING KIT is also coming soon. The shipment from Van's aircraft is scheduled for the last week of February. My business travels will keep me moving until then, except for this week at home, working on the computer.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Oh I would not get too red up about the numbers Jerry. I am sure the non-typing lurkers are still about.Doc Bryant

Hey Geof,I knew there was a reason why I liked you so much. Oh, no, nothing to do with your great airplane - well, maybe a little.Really nice to see you around here from time to time.Best regards.Luis

Porkster, the Nut Bowl is when the Jacksons get together to discuss their plastic surgery. This is an unnecessarily cruel comment, but you must admit that they are not altogether right upstairs.We have a Rum Bowl here - put in a few bottles of good rum, add plenty of lime juice, pineapple juice, a touch of soda water for the seltzer, and lots of ice. Drink while watching the Super Bowl reruns and laugh your PITA off.Best regards.Luis

And Meekal is about somewhere, probably he cannot get in to answer the roll since only his secretary knows the login password.I miss our Meekal!Best regards.Luis

Doc, I must agree. There are probably timid types typing about, but not here in this forum.Luis,I miss Meekal as well. His eloquency (sp?) should show up here from time to time to reassure us that the world economy will not come to a screeching halt.So, Luis, the latest boat people rounded up by the US Coast Guard were trying to get from the D.R. to Puerto Rico. What gives with that one? Are they not pleased with only three hours of electricity per day?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Now, if there would only be a good enough reason to get him to stop by here.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry, the lucky ones get 3 hours of electricity a day. Here on the farm, the power company only gives us 1 to 2 hours, and often nothing at all for days on end.Darn Coast Guard! Leave those boat people alone! From the start, America has had a great tradition of immigration by boat people -- just look at the so-called "Pilgrim Fathers", boat people all!Best regards.Luis