Sign in to follow this  
Guest Porkster

Just dropping by to say YO!

I left the Ranch last month and made a wrong turn (it's NOT an age thing tho)......Found myself at Lindy's place......a little off (oh, OK, ON) target.....Was good to see her again......Can you all believe she put me up for almost a week??????......We survived the ordeal....Did some "racing" while I was gone too. Skinner kicked some coo-la-wancho (explain that one, Luis) at Atlanta. Got to hook up with him and his wife Ang too. Always cool to spend time with them.....About 7,000 miles on Big Blue this time out. Only main problem was a heater core that blew 50 miles out from Lindy's place.......That was fun......not......but, thanks to her and Darwin, I managed to find a preacher to fix it.......No lie.Lindy showed me around the MS Sim world a little while there. Quite impressive.......Did you all know that she owns a bar in Alaska?......I seen it.......She calls it an "FOB"......It was a little DRY when I saw it though.......LOL.Soon as I figure out what upgrade I'm going to do with this thing, perhaps,,I just might get back into simming......perhaps....Anyway, rambling aside, just checking in and staying "current"......Hope ALL are well and happy.Pork

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yo! right back at you, Pork. Nice to see you here and glad that you made it safely through your travels.In fact, I speak many languages -- Joisy, Brooklyn, and Standard American -- but coo-la-wancho is not one of my lingos. You will have to explain that one to me.Speaking of Lindy,-- And just where is Lindy? Haven't seen her here in a while. She can't just skip out on us like that.Best regards.Luis

Did you have to create your access again, or did you really beat the 90-day window? Good to hear from you again, Pork! And just what is it you do for a "job" that allows you three months off to roam the country?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN(in South Florida this week)

Hi kids.... :-wave Luis, I pop in here a lot just to see what's going on. Don't post much though.It was pretty cool seeing the Porkster again. My dog thought he was fun to play with. And he hasn't yet succeeded in teaching my parrot to say "Mmmmmm beer" :-lol I showed him how I can land a heli on a rooftop in FS 2004. He was duly impressed. :-grnmd -Lindy :-rotor:-wave

>Luis, I pop in here a lot just to see what's going on. Don't>post much though.>So no one really ever leaves! :)Where's Casey?L.Adamson --- RV still ain't flying & the backyard still has rocks..

I made the deadline.......'magine that....It was only a month "on the road" but, it sure was a fun month. I'm still retired. Pretty easy to do as long as you live within your means......But, I've always got plenty of "work" just outside these doors. I passed through Pidgeon Poop and Gatlinburg. Was I close to ya?Pork

Yea! Where IS that slender soul?????Tombstone still up too?????Pork

Hey there, Ho there, BobbY........Ya still "racin" the time away?????Pork

I just thought about MIA and MIA. Does this mean when I am in MIAmi, that I am Missing In Action?That must be the reason my RV-9A project is taking so long!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Not as much as I used to, Pork. My favorite is easily rally racing.But I don't do any flightsimming these days. I best not mention that here at AVSIM, eh? :-lolAbout three and a half years of moderating Racing Fools now. How the time flies."Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

...and some of us like airplanes so much, we started to build our own. OK, Larry, time to chime in again.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Oh, I still passionately love aircraft, Jerry, and am totally up to date with your pictures.Back when I had two feet I wouldn't miss an airshow if it was within 100 miles of me or so. Military shows, like the Blue Angels at Port Hueneme, the Mojave Air Races in 1978 and 1979 (the last of them, met Pappy Boyington and Bob Hoover!), run-of-the-mill shows like at Van Nuys airport, and possibly my favorite, ground and airborne shows at Chino airport, which was/is just loaded with old warbirds and such. I burnt up miles of 35mm film back in those days, almost all slides rather than prints, and if I had a transparency scanner (cheap they ain't) and a bunch of web storage, I could put on a heck of a show. [table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

G'day mate,great to hear from you. Hope all is well on the farm.Max is still going strong and says hi!All the best mate,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia