Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A progress...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Am I sensing a race now? Between you and Larry??hmmmmmmm???Pork

Not at all. It is about available funding and time to work on the plane instead of my job. I have to balance the job to get money to be able to work on the plane.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I have spent some time cleaning up my web page errors and some other mis-information contained therein. Some of you trivia buffs may have seen my typos, etc. I also added some links in some of the pages to make navigation better.I am busy doing stuff for the company in my "home office" upstairs, so the RV work is delayed. I am planning to attend a cookout meeting of the TVRVBG tonight at Moontown Airport near Huntsville, Alabama. Photos will appear on my "Other RV Builders Pages" soon.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The usual gang of guys from North Alabama turned out. Some discussions of RV building, etc. There were no "must have" photo opportunities. I did notice that of the two planes that flew in, and the one in the hangar, that all of them had the Dynon D-10 display unit. http://www.dynonavionics.com/It seems that this thing has really caught on with the experimental aircraft crowd. I had already made up my mind to get one several months ago. Now, it is just a matter of $$$$ in my airplane fund.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

My local EAA advisor came by to inspect the airframe in its current state and it is time to make another milestone. I hope to get a chance to install the two aft top skins on Saturday. I also had a visitor stop by this afternoon to see the airplane. He had started to build a Mustang II a while back and is on hold right now.I will be off to Pennsylvania this Sunday for a week. A mix of pleasure and business. I will get to see my new grand daughter for the first time on Sunday evening. Then the rest of the week will be strictly business in Philadelphia.In case you missed the introductory photos to the new little girl in my family tree, here is the link on my personal web pages:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise2/Kaitlyn.htmThe baby weighs in at 10+ pounds now. My son is so very enthusiastic when he talks about her. They are both very excited. I hope to share that feeling this weekend myself. And yes, I will post some pictures of her and any airplane progress I make this weekend for everyone who is looking in on my world from time to time.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I finally had a chance to get a new web page online for you all to view. I did not get much time to work on the airplane Saturday, and Sunday I left home for a week in the Philadelphia, PA area on business. All this stuff was uploaded on a 28.8 dial-up connection tonight. Here is the link:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise4/rv9a042.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN