Sign in to follow this  
Guest tallpilot

"Down Sizing"

Hi Gang,Just like "Corporate America", Capt Tall is down sizing. NO I'm not getting shorter although I have lost some weight. :-) Economic reality has forced me to face the fact that I can't afford to operate "Big Red" my Baron any longer. Sky rocketing insurance and fuel prices this year have kept me from flying it as much as I should so it's been sold to someone that I hope will give it a good home and be able to put it in the air where it belongs.The Capt is now in the market for and older model Cessna 210 that will burn half the amount of fuel that the Baron did while cruising just 10 knots slower. And Pork, "It will have dual controls" (-:I imagine "The Porkster" will give the new plane an appropriate name since he is the one that labeled Big Red. :-)Off with the old, and on with the new.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry to hear you had to find Red a new home, but I'm sure you did good and sold him to a worthy pilot. "Duel controls", huh? Remind me not to be around when Pork flies it! -Lindy :D:-wave

Hello Ed,I would have thought you would have been pointing yourself at an older Bonanza or Deb. But, last I checked, and I'm sure it is still the case, the Bonanzas were bringing more bucks than the Centurion with essentially the same performance.I tell ya, that dang disjointed, limit switch laden landing gear on the 210 looks like it could be a maintenance hog to keep operating properly. I've known of a few that have given trouble. But hey! If the price were right, I'd go for a 210 also!Spec out what you're looking for so I can have some fun hound dogin' for you.Vintage?Avionics?Times?2 blade or 3 blade?Reman or Overhauled engine?Normally aspirated?Something that's lived in a dry climate required?Regards,Joe Sumrallhttp://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif

Hi Joe,Yes that's a beautiful Bonanza but with all that upgrade avionics and paint and interior I'll bet he's asking 80 or 90 grand for it. I did e-mail him to ask the price though. :-)I'm looking for a 1963 210C with a low to mid time engine and good avionics. Not the old cessna radios. Two or three bladed prop is ok and either an stec 40 or 50 autopilot. Hoping not to go over $60,000.I know, lots-of-luck. Ed

Capt Tall:To us it aint what you fly but that you continue to fly!Doc Bryant

Thank you Doc. Sorry to hear that you had to spend some time in the hospital but glad that your back home. Good health is sure waisted on the young "cus they don't appreciate it like us older folk do" :-)Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Lindy,Are you making a pfunny? A PLAY on words? Duel instead of dual when it comes to Pork? Is there something you are trying to tell us about the Porkster after his most recent trip to the East?Capt. Tall,I hope you find what you are looking for in a new set of wings. I had to build mine to get the kind of performance on the budget that I can afford.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Ooops, Jerry.... I definitely should have caught that one!!!! (-: Sorry... it was just a typo. (hmmm, with all the cool smilies, I don't see one for 'embarrassed' :-hah ) -Lindy :-rotor

Joe,I get the feeling you are trying to lure out Penelope and her southern boy friend with spellings like those. It has been quite a while since Cooter Brown has made an appearance here. I miss his "straight from the heart" words of experience.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Oh let us cease that. I miss Cooter and his trailer mate like I miss angioplasty.Doc Bryant

OK, no more about Cooter Brown and Penelope.Just to let you know, I have spent the past two days celebrating the life of my Mother with many of her friends and lots of relatives. Here bout with chronic lymphocytic leukemia is over and she is resting along side my father and near her parents in my home town just down the road a ways.My cousin took the hardest as my mother was the last of the three sisters. His mom was the oldest and was the first to go several years ago.For a girl born in Northeastern Alabama to a ferry boat operator on the Tennessee River, there were many stories of her exploits and photos to document many of them. She took the Concorde to/from Europe on several occasions. She even rode the Queen Elizabeth II across on one trip - yet flew back on the Concorde. Rail trips across parts of Europe were also a treat for her and a friend, my sister, and my oldest niece. We had a family reunion at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in June 2001 - about 30 of us.ALL is WELL, and mom has already spoken with some old friends in their dreams. And here is the real coincidence, she had a close friend that I also knew in the late 50's/early 1960's -- that friend of hers died on the same day, not 12 hours after my mother's easy passage. Makes you wonder about things immortal...Good night all. Things are fine here, and life goes on. I can get back to work on the airplane tomorrow. See you all here tomorrow...same time, same station.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

So you found a buyer, huh?........It's too bad we couldn't have gotten together for a Final Flight Fan Fest.......I'll cherish my hat forever. It is now, collectors material........much like the remaining Pro-Pilot shirts up in the closet......Best wishes in shopping for a successor. Big Red will be missed.You will have to come out for a C-note Burger with the new one. I'll spring......Or, you can bunk in here if you find time. Hammocks are always available to you......Give Sandy my best.......Pork

Oh, c'mon Doc.......You know you miss those days.........8*)How could you not?????......It was almost like a proposal when Cooter asked, "Yu are nice lookin; aint you?....Do you still have all yur teeth?".........I'd bet a hounddog that Skunk Roberts finally ended up with Miss Penelope...........Pork