Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Page 43 and a trip to Van's Aircraft factory!

The latest installment of my RV-9A construction is posted for all to view at this URL:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise4/rv9a043.htmThe big news is that my business travels have worked in may favor and I will soon get my chance to go to the Van's Aircraft factory at the Aurora, Oregon airport. I will of course keep you guys posted as the trip gets going!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

While in a Miami hotel this week, I took the time to do some artwork revisions on the paint scheme for my RV. I tried to create a GOLD color in Corel Draw, and also a "cobalt blue" and made the changes to the rendering on my home page. Tell me what you think.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise/index.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I am in Moses Lake, Washington as I write this. I had some time off over the weekend and saw some things you all may be interested in seeing via my web page.I have placed 10 photos on this page, and have put in some links to another site that refers to some of the locations that I visited on Monday, May 17th.http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise2/OR2004A.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I liked the pics......Especially the perspective of the Spruce Goose & the SR71L.Adamson

Yeah, that was quite a contrast in aviation alright. The tour guide mentioned that only 50 Black Birds were built and about 20 were lost due to non-hostile reasons. Not one was ever shot down by a missile.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,I saw the Goose while it was on display down here in southern California. But it was parked all by its lonesome in the dome they built for it, so it was hard to get a handle on its size. But with the Blackbird parked beneath a wing, it's far more impressive!I also enjoyed the other pics. I may live in Los Angeles, but since youth my heart has been in the Pacific Northwest.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Bob,I think you are responding to the lush green of the coastal areas. I grew up in the southeastern US and have always been where the land is "green".As for the RV project, it has been neglected for the past few days as I catch up on business for the company and the family. I hope to get some time in the next week to get on it again. I will post here when I have something to show to everyone.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hello Jerry,Sorry, because of technical difficulties (you know, 2 hours of electricity a day), I had not had a chance to look at your pictures.Forgive me for saying that I really like your new proposed paint job, even more than the previous. It seems to be more harmonious, brighter, and more lively. Interesting how a change in color can make an airplane look different.But, just wondering why you don't adopt the paint scheme of the original, NCC 1701? Then again, it was mostly white with just a bit of red, if memory serves.Best regards.Luis

Luis,You have posed a good question. NCC1701 is not a current valid aircraft registry. And mostly white would be boring. I have, as you have seen on my web pages, flown an RC model of an original Piper Commanche B model aircraft. The original was owned by a business acquainance from the 1970's and 1980's when he was alive and living in Cynthiana, Kentucky. Cancer claimed his life in 1989 and the plane moved on to other owners and is now in Texas with a new paint scheme, etc.I liked the Piper 1966 paint job enough to consider it for the RV-9A. I will probably make some minor changes to the Triangle array on the tail before the real paint goes on the aluminum. Watch for the changes to the front page artwork sometime in the next few weeks.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN