Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A Page 44 and SIX new pictures...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just needs a prop and it would look like an airplane, Jerry!You've come a long way.Best regards.Luis

Luis,People who ask me when it will be ready to fly get the same answer: "in about $30,000". A NEW engine is about $19,500 with freight included, the prop is $5,250. Add to that the other plumbing to get the engine going for $4,300.That still has not touched the things like a communications radio, radar transponder, and engine monitor. So I guess the real amount is more like $35,000. When is an issue that is determined by money, not available working time.As for the project costs so far, tools, freight, and aircraft materials: $26,821.58It is headed for $60k and then some. I figure this is better than an IRA. I can fly the airplane for 10 to 20 years or as long as I can pass the flight physicals - whichever comes first. The day the plane flies, it is worth about $30k more than I put into it. When I am done flying, I can sell it and get back the money I spent building it. So it basically will only cost me the fuel to fly it and my flight physicals every two years.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I have successfully cut the windshield apart from the sliding canopy area of the plexiglass. There are TWO new pictures at the bottom of page 44 to show the results. I am going to be travelling again next week and the week after that. I am not sure if I will have any time to work on the airplane this coming Saturday. Take another look:http://home.earthlink.net/~n2prise4/rv9a044.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN