Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 7 June 2004

From those wonderful folks at www.avweb.com and their twice weekly newsletter of things aviating. And go there and check out in the columns section the current Kevin Garrision CEO of the Cockpit column about a pilot and his dog.When communications run afowl... (Overheard May 15, 2004.) Tower: Landing traffic, be advised that there's still a turkey on the runway. Pilot (speaking immediately): Tower, Cessna ### clear of the active. Tower: Thank you ... (laughter) ... but I meant the real turkey. Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. Speaking of which...Helicopter Pilot: "Roger, I'm holding at 3000 over beacon". Second voice: "NO! You can't be doing that! I'm holding at3000 over that beacon!"(brief pause, then first voice again): "You idiot, you're myco-pilot."I'd love to take my sweet dog flying, but she gets seriously car-sick, so she would probably not stand the airplane either. Sad story.Best regards.Luis

Brother Maynard would probably enjoy a ride or two. He believes my truck is his personal mode of transport. And try as I might, he will not sit on the back seat. He insists on sitting in the middle of the front seat.Doc Bryant

Back when I was flying out to the island regularly, I took a friend and his Redbone Hound, Bob, out for a stroll on the beach. I turned my head to see his reaction as we left the ground. He kind of ducked his head a little as the ground fell away. Had this worried look on his face. Then he looked around some and laid down for a little nap.He did enjoy sprinting up and down the beach chasing the birds into the air...he told me so.http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/redbonecoonhound.htmhttp://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif