Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Roll Call Time Again!

It has been a while since we counted heads here, so while things are quiet, let the count begin!ONE!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN:-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Somebody mark me in would you? I am somewhere else at the moment. I might be on another computer.Doc Bryant

Now, what was that? You need to tell us your name. I can tell by your profile that you are from Sweden and have a fondness for Flight Unlimited, but that is all.Who is on first? (That is another thread altogether...)Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Cap'n Tall here sir. Still in the lurking mode and looking for a replacement for Big Red.Ed Weber a.k.a. tallpilot

Ed,There is this guy in Carthage, Missouri who wants to sell his RV-9A kit that is partially constructed. Nah, that's not your style. Have you seen anything in a Cessna 210 that interests you? There are plenty of them listed at Aircraft Shopper Online.http://www.aso.com/cgi-bin/sortlist.cgi?FN...___Cessna___210That link is so long that you may have to cut and paste it into your browser comand line. Or you could just go here and then click your way down to the Cessna 210 listings.http://www.aso.com/sortlist/forsale.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hey Jerry, aren't you supposed to be on a road trip somewhere?Anyway, count me in, the power just came on, youpee, as we say.Best regards.Luis

Yep, Miami this week and Orlando NEXT week. With any luck, I may be able to get home that Friday night.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I'm here. Just back from golfing in 30 kt winds gusting to 40.Looking from the north porch at the Verde Valley reminds me of the '30's dust bowl.I guess life here ISN'T perfect. Close though.

Welcome Home, Joe!Seems like Doc and I have pretty much become the local hosts here. It is always good to know who is passing by and looking in.Now if we can just get all the other lurkers to sign in and be counted.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi gang.... :-wave I'm here tooBeen busy with work -- the doctor I transcribe for has given me a two week deadline to finish all the outstanding 2003 dictated tapes I have. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am only up to June 2003! :-eek I did take some time to drive home to Omaha for a visit with my mom and brothers. Good trip; fun visit; glad to be back though. I pop in to check on the forums every day, but haven't been virtually flying for weeks.Everyone have a safe and fun summer. :-sun1 :-cool -Lindy :-rotor

I still pop in once in a while (have not posted for years it seems). Still fire up ProPilot once every now and then for a few hours too. I have an old(ish) PC with a Voodoo5 in it especially for PP99, also acts as a proxy server, firewall and email exchange too!_______RegardsChris Ehttp://www.circle-software.co.uk/php/html/images/logo.gifVisit http://www.circle-software.co.ukHome of X-Plane Photographic Scenery : England & Wales

Hey Chris,I took a look at that scenery on your web page and it is very, very impressive. Much better than the old ProPilot scenery, it looks just like the real thing. Not surprising, since, after all, those are pictures of the real thing. If we could only have had that kind of scenery for the entire world!Best regards.Luis

How can you possibly play golf in those kinds of winds, Dan? You must have been hooking and slicing all the way through the course.Best regards.Luis

>Now, what was that? :-lolWell i am sorry if i did something wrong.Surely you have seen me here before ?I am that guy who talks cigars with Doc. // Daniel

Daniel,Glad to see you come back with that laughing smiley. Thanks for posting with a name. Thanks for posting a second time!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Chris,As always, it is good to see that being half a world away does not stop a friendly posting!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

FORE!!!!!!~~~~splash.Hey Dan, I'm away......again.......I'll drop.....*:-*Pork (Lurking takes certain skills)

It took you long enough, Pork! About time you showed up! Glad to see you are still with us and survived the last round of Southern California fires.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

"I did take some time to drive home to Omaha for a visit with my mom and brothers. Good trip; fun visit; glad to be back though."You must have found some extra time ! Drive time from ATL to OMA is 16-18 hrs, so it's gotta be longer from your place (somewhere in VA, right?). I did make it from OMA to ATL with my one daughter and son-in-law in 15 1/4 hrs once. With the van filled with adults and a couple of kids, there are too many stops. We made 1 round-trip ATL-OMA by stopping overnight in Illinois, each way. That was definitely the long way to go about it.Dave H.BTW, has anyone had trouble posting using Netscape (7.1) when avsim changed servers last fall ? I can do everything except preview a post, and post. Avsim asks for my userid/password again when I do either of the two. I'm using IE6 to post this msg - never had to modify IE6. I have all sorts of cookie allowances setup on Netscape, but still no go.

Ugh, >; I be here! I be here!! Now the question of the moment is; "Where else was I supposed to be?".. ah, the imponderables of life.

Hi Dave :-wave It took 27 hours over two days to GET to Omaha from Va. Beach. It only took 24 hours over two days to come home. :-hmmm :-rollI use Netscape 7.1 as well.... and don't have any major difficulties with it on any website (so far). I have it on both computers: one with Win98SE and the other with WinXP Home. Hope you get things sorted out.-Lindy :-beerchug