Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final

From Avweb's twice weekly ezine on things aviating...During our Civil Air Patrol mission today, we were monitoring the local tower and overheard the following traffic from a Piper Cub to the Tower:Piper Cub: On final approach Runway 27.Tower: Be advised there are slow movers crossing 27 at 1.Piper Cub: That's O.K., we're slow movers, too.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Right, right... Huh? Not sure I got that one.Anyway, here is the alternate...A man is sitting in the coach section of a flight from New Yorkto Chicago biting his finger nails and sweating profusely. Noticinghis disturbed expression, a flight attendant walks over and says,"Sir, can I get you something from the bar to calm you down?"The man gives a nod of approval while shaking terribly. Secondslater she comes back with a drink. He downs it quickly and stopsshaking.Ten minutes later, the flight attendant sees the same man shakingand biting his nails. She brings him another drink which he swallowsimmediately. A half hour later she returns to see that the man isshaking uncontrollably, and apparently crying."My goodness," the flight attendant says, "I've never seen someoneso afraid to fly.""I'm not afraid of flying," says the man."Then what's the matter?Sobbing loudly he says, "I'm trying to give up drinking."Best regards.Luis