Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Business trip to a Carribean Island...

You guys can see a bit about what I do on the road for the company. This time the location was Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles just north of Venezuela. I have put two new pages online with some photos for all to see. Bonaire is an island that looks line Arizona for climate. They are south of the "hurricane zone" where Luis lives.http://www.n2prise.org/Bonaire1.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Joe!The two satellite dishes in the upper left quadrant of that photo are the ones at Flamingo TV, the cable TV customer I was visiting. The other big satellite dish seen almost "edge on" just to the right of the roof of the building in the center of the photo is the one that belongs to the local phone company.I have captured that photo and put it on my first Bonaire webpage. I have also placed a link to the source at Google for other photos that anyone may care to see.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Looks like a pretty little town, with such colorful houses. What a great job you've got, Jerry!Best regards.Luis

Yeah,My job takes me to some nice places sometimes. I was in Miami this past Wednesday and left town around 3:30 PM going up US 27. I knew better than trying to get on the Florida Turnpike since it could turn into a parking lot.Going up the center of the state, I could see the damage and clean up from Hurricane Charley that hit a few weeks ago and went up through the center of the state. I got home at 3:05 AM in Chattanooga early Thursday morning.As for hurricane Frances, I saw a reporter in live shot on TV at 10:30 this morning (Sunday, Sept 5) from my old neighborhood stores in the Stuart/Palm City, Florida area. The center of the EYE of the hurricane passed right over the house I sold three years ago. I had this feeling that it was time to sell out and get out of Florida in 2001, and that is what I did. I will go back down there on my next trip to Florida to see what the results are on my old house.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN