Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

RV-9A web pages added.

I have put a couple of pages online for anyone who may not have been there lately. The pile of remaining parts is shrinking, but there is still a lot of stuff to do. The count of construction pages is up to 67 now, plus the four pages on the canopy modifications - for a total of 71 pages.http://www.n2prise.org/Doc,I hope you are feeling better with less irritation from the shingles. By the way, when I make my way west with Enterprise, I want to be sure to stop by Casa Doc to pay my respects. When the airplane is flying, it would be nice to know where to point the nose of the airplane to find you.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just head into the setting sun Jerry, I'll send up a flare when I hear your engine!Doc Bryant

Thanks, Jerry. I have a lot of catching up to do - both electricity and phone service have been rather spotty lately, so I have had no other recourse than to pick up some books and READ! What a novel idea. Does anyone else in the world still do that?I am looking forward to seeing how the RV is advancing. Really, Jerry, you could probably just skip the remaining details, fill it with gas and oil, and take it for a spin already! Just don't let the local FAA catch you.Doc's bout with those shingles is not anywhere near as interesting as his account of the gall bladder incident, don't you think? Now, that was colorful!And, by the way, does anyone have any news of Meekal? I miss our Meekal. He is probably very busy, but maybe he could find a moment to stop by and say hello. Doc, you have been in contact with our Meekal - have you any news at all?Best regards.Luis

Luis,You are right! Meekal is M.I.A. somewhere in the beltway I'll bet. Doc, do you have any recent word from our illustrious world banker?Here is the link to page 68 with seven new pictures as the rain falls outside my place at 12:45 AM on Wednesday, November 24th, 2004. Good night all!http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a068.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I have not heard a peep from Meekal. That worries and disheartens me. I hope he has not given up on us, or Pro Pilot.Shingles were not nearly as funny as gall bladder, you are correct. I had thought the itching was due to changing laundry detergent, and the muscle pain caused by a bad bed on a road trip.But my excellent Doctor twigged the disease at first glance. And he sent his equally able Nurse in to give me a shot. So I rolled up my sleeve."Oh no, we don't use your arm for one of these. We need something more substantial."I had to think a minute. Were they aiming for my stomach? That would sting no end I thought."We are going to put this in your hip." she said cheerily."Oh my aching ####" I replied."Exactly."So I gave her a southern view ala the One Cheek Sneak.With an arm worthy of a defensive tackle, I was bent over like a good double shotgun. And the needle deftly applied. I honestly can not say if the shot had any positive effect on me. It had a positive effect on the nurse though. It brightened her day considerable to even up the score with me. She equates her needle as an even up against my wit.And I left the office with two paper lunch sacks full of sample medicines and a stinging butt.Doc Bryant

Now, this is more like it! Thanks, Doc, for the blow-by-blow narrative.It sounds as if something is brewing between that nurse and you. A man starts showing a woman his cheek and who knows what will follow. And we all like women in uniforms, isn't that true?Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:I can assure you nothing is brewing between the Nurse of the Needle and yours truly.Nothing like what happened between a friend of mine and a couple of nurses. He was in hospital for the repair of a broken arm. So I went to visit him. I just happened to be wearing a set of surgical scrubs.When no one was looking, I snagged his chart and wrote "Enema PRN" and "HHH"* on the chart and signed it with a small flourish.Three days later, they discharged him. And I stopped by his house to see him.Before even greeings and kind words could be said out came "Did you write on my chart?""Who me?" with all the innocence I could muster?"They about drowned me."He also related how some of the nurses then visited him to make amends. He did quite well, I still do not see why he bears a grudge over that.Doc Bryant*PRN As often as neededHHH High, Hot and a Helluva Lot

Several new pages today. Two NEW pages added for another builder I have visited in the past. I needed some details about his flying RV-9A. I also added a new page in my construction pages. This time it is about fitting the upper cowl to the fuselage. You can get to all the pages from my home page at:http://www.n2prise.org/Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Luis,There are now eight pictures on page 70 and the page is finished. The cowl has come together for the first time on the work bench. The FAA in Oklahoma City is mailing me the original form 8050-1 to register my airplane. I also ordered some additional needed items. Details and four new photos are now on page 70.http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a070.htmIt was such a nice afternoon, that I did some very early "Spring Cleaning!"Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The cowl work is coming along nicely. I also received some more stuff to use in the construction, etc. Read all about it on page 71 at the link below.http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a071.htmI also posted a page about Lantana Airport where I learned to fly in Florida between 1991-1993. You will find a link to that page at the bottom of page 71. It is also accessible from the Flying Photos Menu Page.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Sign in to follow this