Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Holiday ROLL CALL! Check in and comment please!

Okay everybody, it has been three months since our last call to order. Let's hear from ALL of you and what you are planning for the holiday period ahead.As for me, some quiet time planned with friends around the home turf, and of course my Christmas Present to ME is the goodies I get for the airplane project!Now it's your turn to sign in and sound off.ROLL CALL!!!!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNwww.n2prise.org

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Okay everybody, it has been three months since our last call>to order. Let's hear from ALL of you and what you are>planning for the holiday period ahead.Well, I'm here. Don't say much but here anyhow ;-) I'll be looking for work this year (Early Christmas present from my former company... ho ho ho). Other than that it will be a time for friends, family and a special loved one :9 Christmas for me is a time for reflection and true spirit.Early seasons greetings to all with the wish for peace, love and whatever it is that brings you happiness!Joseph

Now we have to see how long before the rest of the remaining group drops by for a "howdy-do" or whatever.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Present and accounted for, Sir!Hanging out in shirt sleeves, that's what I am doing. No winter doldrums for me. Last night, it was a very chilly 70 degrees (that's about 21 degrees for the rest of humanity.) Brrrrr!Beautiful days with sunny skies, a typical perfect tropical winter. Severe CAVU - except for this morning when it decided to rain. Up early, feed the peafowl, read the mail, and stop by for a dose of ProPilot forum.Then, off to another day in the life of Luis.Best regards.Luis

Thanks for checking in so quickly, Luis. At least your phone line is not shorted out like the time you went missing after a hurricane in your area.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry:How can you call roll and answer too? One or the other.Brother Maynard and I have put the holiday decoration up at Casa Doc, a Outdoor Christmas tree made from concrete reinforcing rod (rebar) emblazoned with a few blue lights. Call it minimalist, but it's a statement against the zillions of watts of white light that seems to bathe the neighborhood in a monochromatic glare.Shall also be a low profile holiday inside the house. Stopping a heart attack earlier in the year does things like that to you. I am just glad I am here and so shall take it easy. I don't plan on visiting any of my relatives. I saw them a couple of years ago. Nothing changes.Doc Bryant

Well here goes again. I've been trying for a couple of days to reply to the "Call to arms" with no luck. I even tried re-registering with a new user name and even then it refused.Mrs. Tallpilot and I will be spending a quiet Christmas in the warmth and sunshine of the desert southwest before heading up to "Lost Wages, Nevada" to welcome in the New Year and to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary.The doctor has pronounced my back "A-OK" and said that I can start flying again. So I will now be looking in earnest (and every where else) :-) for a replacement for Big Red.May the New Year bring peace, joy and prosperity to all.Happy Holidays,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilotWell after looking at my post, it seems that the re-registared name has shown. I guess that means that No More tallpilot but Capn Tall will be posting. :-( :-( :-(

Doc,It is good to see your creative juices flowing again with this literary infusion of triva. :-xxrotflmao AS for the mortars, that was what I had in mind. I just forgot that mortars go up and canons fire down range.Your humor and subtle wit is always welcome and appreciated. Could it be that you are the legendary Samuel Clemens reincarnated?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Ed,We know who you are! Welcome home and thanks for being persistent in your attempts to post.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Thanks Jerry.I've been watching your progress on the RV. It's looking great and your workmanship is definately something to be proud of. I've seen some mechanics who have been around for years who don't do anywhere as nice sheetmetal work as you do.Have a nice Holiday and take a little time off of plane building to have an egg nog or two. :-)Ed

Thanks, Ed. I do what I can. I find things all the time that tell me I need to make a little change here and there to clean things up a bit. I found one tonight that will show up in a few days on the postings, etc.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

This is not the first place on the web that I have been referred to as "Mark Twain."There are some simularities.Cigars.Rapier sharp wit at times. And the ability to know that things fall into a ca

Jingle toes and Merry balls to all. With 3 NFL games showing on Christmas day, I know where I'll be........I'll do the usual cyber celebration for the New Year as well. Magnum is chilled.Pork

Pork,Considering your love of NASCAR sports, I would have guessed the TV sports entertainment of ANY holiday would have been high on your list! Thanks for checking in, and do drop by a speak up more often. New input around here is always welcome.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Doc,I now realize that my choice of the wrong homonym was the key to the wonderful discertation you provided. I had indeed forgotten that the artillery piece had a "NN" spelling in the middle of its name.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hey Porkster,"How's it hangin dude"? Calif slang for how are you, right? :-) Got some bad news. No more Pig & Swig and no more chick. Bummer Huh. They've completely redone it and it's Sourdough Lil's now. Haven't been in there yet but from what I've heard it's not the kind of place that you and I and your pop would drop in for a cool one after flying. I'll try and find a replacement before your next visit. ,-)Take Care,Capn Tall a.k.a Ed Weber

Howdy y'all. Better late than never, right? Weather here in Va. Beach has been really good, but chilly. Tonight though they are actually calling for some snow!! Wouldn't ya know tonight I'm going to a Christmas concert in downtown Norfolk (Kathy Mattea). Haven't been to a music concert in....... well.... a LONG time!Cap'n Tall and Mrs. Cap'n Tall -- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and when you find Big Red's replacement, be sure to post a picture. Also good to hear the news about your back!! :-jumpyDoc, sorry to hear that you had some health problems, but I see it hasn't dulled your wit any.Pork, I can see ya now........ lounging in front of Kenny and watching all the games and whatever. Jerry, that plane of yours isn't done YET!!? C'mon Dude -- what else have you got to do? :-lol ;-) Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings to all.-Lindy :-rotor

Lindy,Good to see you posting again. I do have a life outside of my garage airport assembly area. I spent some time with my youngest son today taking in a movie and getting the Christmas present he wanted. Now that he is age 23, we have an agreement, no red suit, just a good gift. This year it was a 27-inch stereo TV set. And you know what I got for myself if you have been reading my recent web postings at www.n2prise.org.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I'm here also. Most every day, I'll click into the boards.Lindy, George Strait for a long while, and maybe still does, had a New Years concert in Dallas. I happened to go to one of them once while there over Christmas. Kathy Mattea was there. I think she was a regular for George's New Year concerts. She was hot in the charts during that time and had recently done "Where Have You Been". And George....well, he had 'em two-steppin' in the aisles.Happy Holidays, everyone! http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/101167.gif

It be a hangin', Capn'....You mean, my "crush" moved on?...No more drinking in the ladies room any more??......The Pig-n-Swig will be missed......Holiday hug to Sandy.Jerry, don't tell TommY but, other than following Skinner in the NCTS, I don't do NASCRAP anymore. If you didn't know, in a feeble attempt to look more like the NFL, Little Brian France has really mucked it all up.......It's a joke to me (and a whole lot of others)now.oooooh, correction to first post, only 2 games on Christmas Day.....bummer.Pork

Oh my God....Pork disavows NASCAR and Jerry Thorne opines that Professional Wrestling might be shall we say, "staged?"I always harbour great dreams for this season, usually to have them dashed by thoughtless relatives who don't send me a 85 foot raised pilot house Cape Horn trawler yacht, or some car bomber in Jerusalem.But this year, with this news, I shall go out and be full of the Holiday Spirit. In fact, I might just prime the pump with a snifter of Kelt Cognac. And the obligatory cigar. I did manage to buy myself a box of cigars for Christmas.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this