Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 27 December 2004

From Avweb.com's twice weekly ezine of things aviating!An oldie, but a goodie...A fighter pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running, "a bit peaked." A controller responded and the lore follows...ATC: Roger. You're number two behind a B-52. They've had to shut down an engine.Fighter Pilot: Ah, yes ... the dreaded seven-engine approach.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Joe,Surely, you cannot mean that truthfully!"And don't call me Shirley."I wonder is Leslie Nielsen knew how long that line would live in infamy when they made the movie "Airplane".I really loved it when Captain Over (Peter Graves) punched out those solicitors in the LA airport. I know there were many times I thought they were such pests and wanted to do that myself.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I did just that at a major midwestern airport located on Orchard Road. I think the statue of limitations has expired, but I am not saying anything more. Other than it was a beautiful thing. The fellow was protesting, and I had had an earful of it. He insisted on blocking my way and explaining his views which he thought were right. I gave him my right instead. He folded. I departed to Pittsburgh. He, I think departed to Dental care.Doc Bryant