Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim K

ETC ProTrainer Desktop is here.....

...but will anybody here cough up 99 bucks for this ?www.flyprotrainer.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So far by reading what kind of horsepower it takes, and the few screen shots shown, I am reluctant to spend $99 for something that is a slight improvement over PP99. Granted, it will run on my XP machine with slight modification, which PP99 will not.As training software, it might find a niche at Flight Schools for something else to sell the prospective student.I have better things to do now with my computers.Doc Bryant

Doc,That is exactly what they designed it to do, sell to flight schools.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

"Super Mario Bros. fish for Pro Bass while driving Nascar" is going to be a bigger seller. I hope our friends from old who got left out in the cold when Them Guys Who's Brand We Can Not Utter 'round These Here Parts are just laughing like hell and enjoying a steady paycheck.Doc Bryant

Those guys worked for Dynamix, and were unlucky enough to be sucked up in a merger/acquisition by the S----- folks.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi Jerry - according to ProTrainer's FAQ's, it looks like a few folks perhaps made it to ETC (which is what Doc was refering to by saying "steady paycheck", I bet) :Why choose ProTrainer PCATD? 1. The staff at ETC Interactive has over 75 combined years of experience in gaming, simulation and flight training, including the development of such legendary products as Sierra Pro Pilot 98, Sierra Pro Pilot 99, and Sublogic's ATP.Also at ETC, look at www.etcspace.com. Look under "Products" for ESS (Ejection Seat System).A flight sim just isn't complete without an ejection seat simulator.Cheers, Dave H

After working over 2 years on my airplane, I have no intention of getting out of it until the wheels are on the ground.I'm sorry, I am focused on my project in the garage.ETC has been supplying simulators for the military for some time. Their foray into general aviation is being done from the professional side of things -- not gaming.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Actually, their "Ejection Seat System" is a sim, and indeed for "the professional side of things", as part of their space training package (which, among other things, also includes a hypobaric chamber) for those thousands of folks they expect will need training before they are allowed on board Rutan's and other's space ships.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Well,It looks like without the PF Controls, you ain't got too much to crow about, so I guess I will have to bed down my enthusiasm for a return to the good ole days....Den

I emailed one of the marketing representatives today about airspacedatabase coverage, and to what extent Canadian airspace was covered.I recieved an email back in less then two hours, stating that all Canadian airspace is covered (airports, VORs, NDBs, ILS, etc.) with the major Canadain airports being modeled. This certainly got my attention as I am from Canada, and I believe PP99 only had a wee bit of south eastern Canada to fly in.

At least someone in the group found something worthwhile, but is it worth the extra bucks? I always thought the flight models in PP99 were better than MSFS, or we would not all have been here in the first place.I was a private pilot for more than six years before PP99 was fully patched and working correctly.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

>At least someone in the group found something worthwhile, but>is it worth the extra bucks? I always thought the flight>models in PP99 were better than MSFS, or we would not all have>been here in the first place.>The ONLY advantage of this ProTrainer simulation would be the possibility of current navigational updates. As far as airports, topography, and "flight models" go, MSFS is far ahead these days, when you consider what's available through 3rd party addons. L.Adamson

The problem with all the "add-ons" is CPU horsepower. Remember when PP99 came out the typical computer was 200 to 450 MHz K6-3 or Pentium types. The thing we all wanted was the "Feeling of Flight" from the flight models. The rest of that stuff was just eye candy, but sure we liked that too.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

There is no advantage at all, since the Microsoft game allows for updates to the navigation database, although most people don't bother (it's a game!) So, goodbye ProTrainer, I am sad to see you go. And anyway, you don't cover the really nice places to fly:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104657.jpgThat is the island of Saba, as modified by your humble servant. And don't talk to me about crowded and commercial Hawaii.Best regards.Luis

Luis,How long are you going to keep us waiting to learn what modifications you have made?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Luis,Hi! Would you mind sharing with me whatever information you have about SABA? I'm trying to model it in Fly! II. Do you have elevations, aerial pictures, runway coordinates, etc?I've contacted the airport manager and he has already told me that he's willing to help.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Hola Alejandro,Glad to share whatever I have with you. It is about 8 MB of maps, a very large aerial image of the entire island (1.73 MB 2742x2828 pixels), and lots of pictures of the runway, villages, some of the new terminal, etc.Just give me an address where to send it all.Best regards.Luis

Sign in to follow this