Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Happy Birthday, Doc!

I am sure that you will all join me in wishing the very best to Doc on the occasion of his 50th anniversary. Just consider the thought: half a century of wit and bonhommie and almost that much time smoking great cigars!Hopefully, we will enjoy many more years of the same.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brother Luis,Thank you very much for the wishes. But it's only thirty odd years of smoking cigars. And approximately the same for the wit. The first twenty I spent getting spanked or told to shut up with my wise remarks!Such is life!Doc Bryant

Doc,Have you ever thought about booking the Tonight Show to get your stand-up comedy career really going?And by the way, how did Luis know this was your birthday?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,A guy I went to High School with has already been there. I have always vowed not to follow animal acts and small people. So you won't see me there. Besides, my humor is much more Jonathan Winters esque than the usual guy or girl who appears with Jay or David. I might do a lounge act, but not TV.How did Brother Luis know? Ahh, the wonders of email between the Republic of Texas and the verdant bird infested isle that he calls home!Doc Bryant

Happy Birthday Young Man."May the Blue Bird of Happiness smile on you this day and deposit his droppings elsewhere" :-)Best wishes,Ed Weber a.k.a Capn Tall

No harm to knocking back a glass or two at lunch! Perhaps after I go to the gym.....Doc

All the way over here in Germany, we got the word that Doc had made that milestone that some of us have already passed through. Happy birthday Doc!!! Will drink a Duckstein in your honor tonight! From Hamburg, all my best for your birthday.

A late (as usual) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Doc, from rainy Southern California! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/...y/xyxthumbs.gifYeah, it's usually sunny here, but we're having an unusually wet winter. Thankfully. Well, semi-thankfully. I have this leak in the roof, y'see... :-rollLet's see... we need a cake. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//party/torte.gif[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DOC. I've enjoyed my years since turning 50.... so far. :-roll Welcome to the 50 and Over Club. :-jumpy-Lindy :-rotor:-beerchug :-smooch

Froeliche Geburtstag, Herr Doc, und Wilkommen zum "Half-Century Club" !The water's fine!Dave H.

I don't drink the water Dave....gives me kidney stones that feel like Titlist 2's. Thank you one and all for the birthday greetings and kind words.Doc Bryant

Gosh! When was my last visit here...Eventhough it IS a bit too late i would also like to sayHAPPY BIRTHDAY DOC![/font size=5] :-beerchugI would give you a bundle of cigars if i could guarantee their condition at arrival ;-)Best regards from Sweden,// Daniel

Daniel,You never know what you are missing by not stopping by on a regular basis. This is my home page, so I see it every time I oepn my browser.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Thank you Jerry!Usually i come here every monday for Docs "short final".I will just have to be more exact on that routine.I have to ask you, don

I don't consider it "getting stuck" when I come here. It is more like waking up to "family". And just so you know, this is my first post and view of the day. Keep coming here and you will discover what I mean.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Thank you Daniel!And if you send them, and they arrive dry, I can resucitate them. I had not thought of making this my start page. I visit here daily to check on the progress at Thorne Aviation. And I don't want to miss any of the musings of Brother Luis or the rest of this ensemble.Doc Bryant

My start page is about:blank. I really like it as it lets me off to a new and completely fresh beginning each day. Also I don't feel hurried to do something like click somewhere or read some ad - I can just stare at the very relaxing white space for a while until I wake up some more.Here is something else that wakes me up in the morning:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108764.zipOne is a little bird that sweetly sings and the other is not! a female of the pea family, the peahen screeching. Set them both to continuous play and you will understand the pleasure and the pain of country living.Best regards.LuisN.B. Of course, once I decide to connect to the internet, this is my first stop, followed by Jerry's newest pictures.

Doc, Luis,I feel honored to be on your favorite list of stops on the web.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Both birds got Brother Maynard's undivided attention. Especially the Pea Hen!Thank you for the entertainment Brother Luis!Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this