Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Changing jobs, again...

First of the month and I find that my position at the company is eliminated. I have posted my availability on an industry forum and will see what happens next. I am thinking about changing the type of job that I have done in the past to a different industry.The RV-9A project is essentially paid for, so that will continue when I am not engaged in independent consultations or job searching here in the Chattanooga area. Page 98 has a good milestone photo on it.http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a098.htm#March1Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jerry,I've been following your progress very carefully. I am sorry that your job was eliminated. After 23 years in the same industry and a great executive job, I decided to leave it and start from scratch. I was no longer enjoying it.I too decided that I want to look into another industry, hopefully as a start up.tony

Jerry:When the company I worked for was bought out, then moved to a facility within the parent company's home base, I lost my job.Two days later I was consulting for a start up. That one cratered, but I still have lots of good coffee left over. Another start up appeared, and I am still there. No health insurance yet, but they allow me to keep my consulting business going. Which I have. I work mostly from the house, and set my own schedule and hours. Since the house is paid off, I can live much cheaper than when I was younger.All in all, it's quite enjoyable!Doc Bryant

I have been living the easy life for some time now. The idea of being a "hired gun" consultant may take some time to adjust. I did get an email this morning requesting my resume. I was just looking at their web site to learn about them.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I want to thank Doc here in the forum for his time and some pleasant conversation this evening. We exchanged professional ideas as he was finishing a steak and Bloody Mary at a restaurant in West Texas. It was a good 40+ minutes, and we learned that we know some of the same folks in my industry. We agreed that we will get together the next time I am in Texas. Of course, you all will be advised here with some photos when that happens.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

It was a nice conversation. I am surprised my cell phone battery withstood it all! And he's invited to pop in when he wends his way west in the RV. I am sure we can locate him a good meal and a cigar!Doc Bryant

ONLY the good meal! The cigar is NOT on my list of things to do. Besides, I am sure we both have some good stories to share similar to the day I met Burt Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor...and you hung out with the "young George W." in the oil fields.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

A cigar not on your things to do list? How incredibly sad. Well, you come out here for dinner and in best Groucho Marx style, I will have your cigar.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this