Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

New photos of the RV-9A project.

I have been just doing my thing with the airplane and not posting too much here about it. It got us to talk about something else here, like ATIS, AWOS, and crazy intersection names near Boston. How many of you have been checking on my site without me posting updated links like the one below?http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a128.htmJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I HAVE.I've been checking here daily, as I always do. But I find no links to follow to see what the latest is on the RV-9A."He's *gotta* be making progress on that aircraft. Maybe's he's sneaking them in under the carpet?"So I find the most-recent link here and proceed through your site.Getting tricky here on us, are you Jerry? Well, I'm on to you! :-lolHeck, I don't really need to access this forum anymore. But... of course... I will. :-)You'e got yourself a shiny new aircraft there, Jerry. Congratulations! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/...y/xyxthumbs.gif[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

I always have the "What's New?" section at the top of the home page "current" with a link to the news of the day on the most recently posted page. No matter what is going on, you can always access that page or any previously posted pages from my home page at www.n2prise.org to see anything on the web site.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Bob,Have you saved my home page as one of your browser favorites?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,My Favorites list is so cumbersome that I use it only for websites that I figure I might want to visit again. For most websites that I visit regularly, I use the iTouch software associated with my Logitech keyboard. But for your site, I just fish a link out of this forum.Sorry for my slow response, but I've been very distracted recently. My 90-year-old mother is in the hospital. :-([table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Robert,I know what you are dealing with about your mom. My mom passed away in April last year. She got what she wanted, a quiet passage in her bedroom at my sister's home after her multi-year illness.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Why would I not have a picture of this momentous occasion? Because I was the guy in the seat with my hand on the starter key. There are two pictures on the page below, but the text tells the story.http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a130.htmThe first engine start should be in the next working session!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi Jerry,Looks like things are coming together nicely. A very nice job of safety wiring the prop! Do you use safety wire pliers? I still use the old hand over hand twist method although I do own safety wire pliers. I guess it's true you can't teach an old dog (or mechanic) new tricks. :-)There was some interesting info on the Bellanca chat board about exercising the prop on a new engine. One of the members said instructions that came with his new engine from the manufacturer said not to exercise the prop during engine run up while breaking it in more than one cycle and to limit the RPM drop to 150 rpm. It claimed that exercising it excessively or more than 150 rpm could cause the piston rings not to seat properly. Did you get any info on this?Ed Weber a.k.a Cap'n Tall

Ed,I use the pliers. And I have not been told anything about exercising the prop vs seating the rings. I know to keep the RPM up on the high end for much of the first few hours of Hobbs time. If the weather is good here over the weekend, I will get to run the engine for the first time to taxi up to the other end of the field to the compass rose and calibrate both compasses in the airplane, the wet one and the remote solid state magnetic sensor for the Dynon unit. I will be posting more pictures before bedtime tonight (Friday).Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Still no engine run time yet, but the battery is just about fully recoved from being deeply discharged. Just use the menu page link and then check the "What's New" links below my picture.www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I will be getting up at 4 AM on my 58th birthday, May 31, 2005. By 5 AM I will be at the Chattanooga Airport. The flight up to Cincinnati leaves at 6 AM. The connecting flight to Portland, Oregon leaves CVG at 9:15 AM. It arrives in Portland just after 11 AM PDT (2 PM Eastern Time). At least the ride from CVG to PDX is a first class seat.Speaking of seat cushions and the interior, they are due to ship in the middle of June. As for today, I can see clearly now. You can see why by looking at this link:http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a132.htm#May30Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

...and 3.9 hours to go to meet my transition training needs. I have to run to another lesson in about 20 minutes. You can get the details on my home page and on page 132. Follow the link from the home page.http://www.n2prise.org/Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN(In Scapoose, Oregon today)

I am finished and finally got the feel of things, and better weather today. Mike apologized for the weather yesterday. He said he usually liked to save the bad stuff for the last day after the "student" develops a feel for the airplane. The landings were better today when I finally go the "sight picture" between my eyes and the location of the wheels to the runway. I have no more flying pictures to post, but I did get a new hat with my N2PZ number on the back and a suitable message on the front. I also got a new shirt with pocket (a must for me), the picture of the RV-6A that I flew, and the words "I survived RV training at Scappoose" on the front. I will be posting a picture of those on the web site shortly. Use my home page to find it. When the link appears on my home page for June 2nd, it will be online.www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN