Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Independance Day

Well, Jerry, have you flown those 40 hours yet? Are you know fully certified (certificated?) and authorized, permitted to go where you wish, fly to your heart's content, roam the world with your new, sleek, and fast airplane?Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, Luis,The 40 hours were completed on Friday, July 1st. In fact, when I pulled up in front of the FBO at Collegedale, I stood up in my airplane and yelled "FREE AT LAST!"I have been so busy doing the last minute details before the airplane goes into the paint shop that I have not taken time to update the web site until late last night and some additional changes this morning. You can get the details at this URL:http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a142.htm#July1Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Luis,This was the day you were asking about. I flew into Georgia to go someplace. I have some air-to-air photos posted on this web page:http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a143.htmI also shot some video footage while I was on the ground at the Pickens County Airport near Jasper, Georgia. Sorry, I have not figured out how to post any video to the web site yet.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

You will find the hope page now loads a bit faster at www.n2prise.org and TEN new pictures on pages 144 and 145.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Things are moving along nicely at the paint shop. You can get the details on this web page. Be sure to check the home page before completing your visit to my web site. I have changed some artwork there that is NEW.http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a145.htm#July7Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I have updated several pages on my web site with the latest prep work on the airplane, and a visit to another RV-8 builder to show a future-builder the details of doing things the "slow way". All the changed and new pages are linked from my home page.http://www.n2prise.org/While some folks are leaving parts of Florida to make room for a hurricane, I am heading down that way since the Florida East Coast is not in the bullseye for this one. After looking at the radar and forecast track for Dennis, I should probably get some rain on my way down to the West Palm Beach area on Saturday, July 9th. One last trip to Florida in the car. The future trips should all be in the airplane (4 hours by air vs. 12 hours in the car).I will be doing some contract work down there early in the week and should be back home next weekend to see the new paint scheme coming to life on my airplane. I will keep you posted.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry, You can't leave for a week! I need my daily dose of "how to paint an airplane"! :D Between your website, and a friend who paints airplanes for advice, my garage's third bay is turning into a paint booth. Have already picked up one of those large standup tank compressors and an HVLP gun. Going for that new "yellow" I'm seeing on many 2005 vehicles for the top half, along with grey on the bottom, and black & white tapering stripes in between. Kind of like some racing flags I've seen on a few tails, too.Considering my plane is exactly where your's was, a month or so ago, condition wise, I'm JEALOUS! :( But being in the air conditioning business, my summer months are much too busy work wise, to do much about it! L.Adamson RV6A N328SL (still just reserved)

If you are in the painting stage, it is time to convert that reserved N-number to a real registration. Sounds like you may not be far from a final assembly and getting ready for the airworthiness inspection.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I have finished one page and started another with new photos from the paint shop. Start at my home page and use the links from there.www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I can hardly wait until it is completely reassembled! Then there will be some really good pictures!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Page 148 now has NINE new photos from today. I am supposed to get access to install some of the interior components tomorrow. It looks like Friday before the airplane will be ready to fly away from the paint shop.www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

>Page 148 now has NINE new photos from today. I am supposed>to get access to install some of the interior components>tomorrow. It looks like Friday before the airplane will be>ready to fly away from the paint shop.>Nice looking, freshly painted plane...Flying it to Oshkosh in a few days...You're not too excited Jerry, are you??? :D L.Adamson

I am just trying to get it all done BEFORE I leave. I keep having these nagging images of me at OSH still putting interior fabric on the side walls, adjusting the carpet, etc.The weather is looking good at this end, but I am watching that stalled front around the Ohio River Valley. Hopefully the high-pressure areas are blowing in from the west by Sunday.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN