Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Finally!!

Guest Lobaeux4

Wow!! Finally able to finish a flight without locking up in almost three days!! And what a flight it was. If anyone was flying into Heathrow tonite, wow the weather. Right down to minimums, thank god I had an Airbus that could go down to Cat III mins. Broke out around 150 feet, hand-landed it, and taxied up to the gate in Gary Summons' Heathrow. Granted the frame rate sucked, I've got some tweaking to do I think. Hopefully, I won't mess anything up. Off to download FS Maintenance and PSS 777, and to install PIC 767, hopefully these won't crash me.Thanks for all the wonderful help and advice people gave and for listening to my ranting.LobaeuxBTW- When's Eurowings Professional coming out???BTW2- Go USA, maybe we can make it into the second round, and with Saudi Arabia being eliminated, at least we won't finish last!! Sorry Saudi fans!

what finally fixed ur computer?B

Guest Lobaeux4

Ultimately, and I say it sheepishly, I think it was heat. I'm going to do a little experimentation, again. Isn't experimentation what gets us into trouble in the first place? I changed some BIOS settings, mainly changed memory from 2t to 1t. I messed with the BIOS to get my onboard AC '97 as the only thing on IRQ 11. I reinstalled FS2K2, knocked off a lot of the addon scenery, now as part of my preflight prep, I'll check the web to see if there's any scenery out there for where I'm going to fly. BUT, my CPU is set in a little cubicle with a door in my desk. I had a large fan at the front of the door blowing air on it, it's case is actually off of it. Well, it gets hot here in Arkansaw, so the wife wanted the fan in the bedroom. I took it out, but didn't replace it with another one. My temps were around 35 degrees for system, 55 for CPU, running an AMD 1700. She brought me a smaller fan today, one that fits in the little cubicle, my temps went down to 24 and 40 respectively, checking it in my BIOS. I think it was heat that was causing my lockups. I've read a lot on here how taxing FS2K2 is on your system, couple that with Gary Summons' London Airports, PSS A320, and sliders, while not maxed, pretty high. By the time it locked up, and I rebooted, checked the temps, I think they were pretty high. So in the end, although I've completed a couple of short flights, one with the 'bus into Heathrow, I'm still a little leary that it will shut down. We'll see, let this be a lesson, mainly to me.Lobaeux

>My temps were around 35 degrees for system, 55 for CPU, running an AMD 1700