Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Heading WEST in the "Enterprise" to LOE5!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Doc tells me that you are making a short stop at Midland. While I anxiously (!) await the pictures of Doc in the right seat, I cannot help but wonder if he is current.Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:Doc is definitely not current, nor will his presence in the aircraft help the weight and balance!Doc Bryant

OK, First, the stop at Midland is for Lunch since I already have a guy in the right seat hitching a ride from Fort Worth out here and back again. We are sharing the fuel bill from FTW to 5T6. But I will be sure to get a photo taken of me and Doc in front of the airplane.Next: I won the trophy for the BEST RV-9A at the fly-in. The judges gave awards in each of the Van's Aircraft models -- RV-3, RV-4, RV-6/6A, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A, RV-9/9A, and RV-10.I met more folks who have been reading my web site postings for the past few years.And tomorrow, I get to meet DOC face-to-face for the first time. The weather is LOOKING GOOD for the trip Eastbound!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Congrats on the award.How about a picture of me hiding behind the aircraft. If I am in front of it, no one will see the plane!And look what happened to Meekal after he met me. He flat disappeared!Doc Bryant

Congrats also!Someone on the Dan Reeves RV board was asking about weather and aircraft that were at LOE; so for up to date pics, I linked your website. That ought to answer some of their questions. :D L.Adamson

Folks,It was a great visit. And N2PR looks even better in person than she does in Jerry's pictures. The level of craftsmanship is absolutely stunning. A bang up job on that aircraft.As he landed this afternoon at Air Park, I remarked to the line boy, "That's a pretty little SOB."Doc Bryant

Guys,I have finished posting a lot of pictures from my trip out west. You can see everything I have online by starting at my home page:www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Well, I have been off for about a week. Phone problems for a long time have recently gotten worse. But, last night, I was able to check in and take a look at Jerry's pictures. Great stuff, as always. Particularly seeing Doc and his famous truck. Did he blow the horn for you, Jerry? I was sorry that we did not see a picture of Maynard, though. He is surely a member of our group.Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:Here is Maynard, in the truck! There would not have been any room for Jerry and his passenger had Maynard been with us. And unlike many Texas dogs, Maynard does not ride in the back of the truck!Doc Bryant

Good-looking fellow. Strong, rugged features. Just wondering, Jerry, since Midland is the oil capital of the world, if you got any pictures of those luxo corporate jets that must hang out at that airport?Best regards.Luis

Luis,There were no visible jets at the airport at all. Midland Air Park is not the biggest airport in the Midland area. There were a number of hangars there, but I did not see any that looked like "jet hangars", ie. LARGE!I also updated the page with Doc on it to include Maynard since Doc has provided us with a photo of his four-legged friend. I guess Maynard goes mainstream today!http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a184.htm#UpdateJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry:Brother Maynard has been mainstream for quite some time. He was featured in a crime feature touting his schooling at the Monty Python School for Police Dogs at Scotland Yard by those great folks at Rixstep/Radsoft Software.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this