Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Not going anywhere? How about a ROLL CALL?

The ENTERPRISE is SPACE DOCK and the crew is on SHORE LEAVE. There are no WHITE RABBITS in sight, not even a King Air or Japanese ZERO.So, let's have a roll call, it has been a while and it should be a good time to find out what our members are doing, wherever they may be. Please check in, remind us what part of the world is YOUR HOME, and tell us what you are up to now as the colder weather is approaching.Since you have all been looking in on my exploits via my web site, you what I have BEEN doing. I did get a call yesterday from a prospective employer and he requested my current resume. We shall see what happens next...ONE! I'm still here! (Can I get a TWO, THREE, FOUR, etc?)Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm here! :-waveOr "TWO!", as requested.My corner of the world... that would be about a quarter mile south of Los Angeles International Airport. Yes, you CAN hear it from here. :-)What have I been doing recently? Trying to recover from my mom's passing at the end of May. She was essentially a daily companion of mine from the day of my birth, and losing her is incredibly tough.Colder weather? This is southern California, what's "colder weather"? :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

I'm here, I'm here. Let the banners unfurl and the people cheer!Doc BryantThe Old Same Place

Finally, I am here. Phone has been fixed after various problems for over a month.Now that the cold weather is finally arriving (!), I am turning down the ceiling fan from high speed to low, but I am still in a t-shirt. I hope to move on to a short-sleeve shirt as the months go by.We are in the avocado seasonhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131822.jpgI am awash in avocados! And the mandarin oranges are coming in.The hibiscus and anthuriums are in full bloom, as are the pink roses. Yes, Fall is a wonderful and colorful time of the year.Best regards.LuisOh yes, FOUR!

Bob,I know that a cold wind can come off the Pacific Ocean in the area around LAX, I have been there, done that.Doc,I know where you hang out now as we all know, but of course you forgot to mention to any "newbies" that may stop by here that you are in the Midland, Texas area. (We could use a couple of newbies here!)Luis,We can see by your photos that you are somewhere tropical, but again, you did not mention the Dominican Republic! Some "newbie" might think you were in South Florida and suffering from a recent hurricane. By the way, has your phone been out of service due to a hurricane? Or is it just that "manana" lifestyle down that way. (I tried to pull up the n with the ~ above it, but I could not enter one of those ALT numeric codes in the editing window.) And I apologize for leaving out some words in my post above. The brain is working faster than the fingers on the keyboard. At least they are still working!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,At my size, I hang out everywhere.Where I hang out most? Here in electron land. A person, newbie or otherwise is more likely to find me at a computer than most anyplace else. Even the cigar store comes in second to being planted in front of a computer.Doc Bryant

Luis,With all the photos you have put up here, that is the first time I remember you putting up one showing the beach. It looks good!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Do you know, Jerry, Mats came here on vacation some months ago and I was hoping that he would show his pictures of the Dominican beach.Best regards.Luis

If I came to visit I would show pictures of Cigar Factories. And Brother Luis's noble dog!Doc Bryant

This early turnout shows that the "others" don't drop by very often. I wonder what we have to do to get them to sign-in and take part in this thread?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I am looking forward to visiting those cigar makers myself, Doc. No young girls rolling cigars on their bared thighs, that is all in the past. Yet, it must be a fascinating thing, the bunches of leaves drying in the sheds, the fermentation rooms, picking and cleaning, then the final masterly rolling with a pungent aroma wafting through the room. Someday, someday.Best regards.Luis

Nope! I am not buying any votes here.I miss the good old days when there were flame wars -- not really. L. Adamson is posting over at vansairforce.net where I also contribute to the forums on Van's RV airplanes.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

The good old days. We had something to talk about then. It was, I think, a flight sim program. And it's gone. Next?Doc Bryant