Sign in to follow this  
David_FFC

PP99 Airports that are Missing

Has anyone noticed any missing non-military airports ? Considering the huge number of airports PP99 has, it's surprising to find it missing at least one that shouldn't be. Among those airfields not included I would expect private, grass, and some of the non-KXXX variety, i.e., 47A, 4A7, etc. Those two, BTW, "are" included. When using PP99 a few years ago to practice my first solo cross-country, I was flying from FFC (south of ATL) to AUO (Auburn-Opelika Robert G. Pitts Airport) in Auburn, AL. As I approached Auburn, I never saw it appear on the ground. The smaller airports enroute were there, but not AUO. I turned on the GPS, and still no AUO. Turns out it's simply missing from the database. I know it probably makes the University of Alabama fans happy.I'm sure there must be some others that are missing. What are the chances that the one I chose to be the destination of my first x-cntry solo would be one of them ? Pretty good, apparently.Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave,As I recall, University Park Airport in State College, PA is missing. So is the Air Depot (same town) but now that's all been developed, so I can accept that one.Doc Bryant

As I remember, the Naked Lady was there, and that's really the only one that I would have missed.Best regards.Luis

Sign in to follow this