Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 5 December 2005

From Avweb's twice weekly ezine of things aviating!Short FinalAfter landing on RWY 30 the other day I began to taxi to the gate when I noticed a beautiful red fox strolling across the taxiway.Me: Hey, Ground. Did you know you have foxes here on the airport?Ground: Oh, sure, plenty of them. I'm surprised you knew it was a fox -- most pilots think they are wild dogs.Me: Well, I've been to a bar or two. I know a fox when I see one!Female Voice: Then I guess you'd know a wild dog, too.No toilet humor, but a howler just the same!Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Red 2?Do I get the feeling, prior to starting on the homebuilt aircraft, you spent many hours in front of a television? ;)Doc Bryant

Not only do I have all 79 episodes of Star Trek with Kirk, Spock, McCoy, et al, but all SIX Star Wars movies on DVD.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Casa Doc does have a television set. It's not attached to a TV or cable. It has never been at this house. Brother Maynard and I have been here long enough to pay off the mortgage. For the longest time it was connected to a Beta VCR. Until it broke. It's still there, holding up a VHS/DVD combo that has been used a couple of times. I don't rent movies either.But I salute you on your collection. I think I have one locomotive horn for each Star Wars episode you have. Or it seems that way. There are three in my office here, and at least three in the living room (plus two steam whistles), and an industrial warning horn in the bathroom!Doc Bryant

Hum, excuse me for asking, Doc, but when is the warning horn in the bathroom sounded? Special occasions?Sorry. Just sounded like potty humor to me.Best regards.Luis

It's not sounded for any particular event, tsunami, what ever. It just got set there after I opened the box it was in whilst doing something else...Call me "multi tasking capable!"Doc Bryant