Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyright

Airspace Violations - a plea for the New Year

It is my understanding that the newer versions of the flight simulators have addressed the problem of simulator airspace violations. Some do it through real-time advisories when on line (as with online weather), and others with popups reminding pilots to check NOTAMS.Since PP99 is an older simulator without modern features above, many safety-conscious pilots are concerned that those using it are flying willy nilly around the country without any consideration for TFR

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Flyright:"I think I can safely say that many PP99 pilots routinely fly into Class A/B/C/D/E airspace without a clearance."And I think I can safely say you are an idiot. Based on the same scientific information you seem to have, I can say there are sixteen of us in the world now that use Pro Pilot 99 or it's offshoots. 3 of us have the Beta version and won't share it for fear of the Software Police.Admittedly, I use my PP99 to practice overflights into Class NC airspace (Nudist Colony). And now that I have a digital camera, I can tie it in with my computer to get magnificient screen shots, especially during the volleyball games. Why on earth would I want to alert the simulated nudists below that me and another un named user of PP99 are about to scorch the treetops in our Convair 580 (complete with logo lights and duck on the tail!) whilst activating the Nikon BelliCams?If your phone doesn't ring, it's me calling.Doc Bryant

Well said, Doc!Now all we need is for Cooter Brown and Penelope to check in on the ROLL CALL.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Quit it Thorne.We need that nonsense about like we need some goofball telling us to post our flight sim sins on his website.Let's just keep a lid on things here so I can complete my bombing run on Three Mile Island in the Pro Pilot B57 Canberra.Air space violation, take this little honey would you? Wish I could eke a decent victory roll out of these planes. Oh well. I guess I shall have to be content with great frame rates, fog and mists, and wonderful secondary explosions.Doc Bryant

This "Doc Bryant" fellow is exactly the reason I posted my appeal to this forum. He is out of control, although he is trying to correct his bad behavior by admitting it. That is what we all must do.Three Mile Island is restricted airspace! Please everyone . . . this isn't funny. If we don't fly "right" the jackboots will soon be stomping through our back yards. Reporting our own bad behaviors and that of others is for our own good. Please report your infractions (like Doc has done) on this forum so we can all give proper feedback so these "pilots" can correct their bad behavior.From this, we learn!Thanks, Flyright

Flyright....If you think my postings are any sort of admission other than that I find your writings laughable then you have indeed been mistaken.When I fly PP99 or any other flight sim I shall not report to you, your website, your minions, friends, relatives, cronies, phoney agencies or quango schemes of my actions. Self-criticism. It went over really well in Maoist China a few years back too. Much like onanism without the payout, but with lengthy confinement as a bonus.And I suggest to any one else who reads this missive to follow my example and not confuse NASA's error reporting project for aviation and what ever cockamamie self flagellation nonsense you have devised.How you have decided that our sim activities will cause the jackbooted thugs (who might they be exactly?) to come stomping about our backyards is beyond me. I would advise that should you try it in your little dream world numerous things might happen if you hop the fence into my yard. All bad.1. You will have to clean your shoes. My backyard is the home and playground of Brother Maynard, the English Trench Weasel. 2. You might need prompt medical care. Brother Maynard is in charge of said backyard. Whilst he is showing signs of advanced age, he still retains the capability of helping you exchange your femurs for prosthetic devices. I fully support him in this sort of action, as it spares me from shooting trespassers (the noise does bother my hearing).3. And finally, should Brother Maynard be busy handling some other reptilian troublemaker, I would be forced to handle this with my own type of frontier justice. You won't like that either.Might I suggest traipsing on down to the local grocery store and picking up a new roll of Reynolds Wrap. Your tin foil hat most likely has come loose. And up your anti depressant dosage while you are at it.Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time!Doc Bryant

Doc,You instill faith that the "Wild West" is still alive! I wish I had the time to meet Maynard during my quick trip out west this past October, but alas, "Time Waits for No Man" as usual.As for today, I am waiting out the miserable weather in South Florida before taking to the skies tomorrow for the trip home. The winds aloft would impede me severely if I were to get a break in the overcast, etc. I shall be posting recent photos for all to see of the events of the past few days. The new pages shall be linked from my home page at the following web site.www.n2prise.orgJerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Looks like another nice trip Jerry!We're following your exploits much more closely than this other nonsense that has cropped up here.Doc Bryant

Well, Doc is all riled up, isn't he? And a good thing too, as it helps his writing. Very colorful, don't you think? But, I do wonder what a "quango scheme" means.As for me, I deliberately fly VFR in IFC and controlled airspace. Come and get me, coppers and other Department of Fatherland Security goons! You will have to pay the plane fare and a tourist card to get here! We don't have the stinking F.A.A. here, either. So there!Now, for the $25 000 dollar question: who is this "Flyright" fellow? One of the denizens of this forum visiting incognito and looking to brighten our day? I suspect so. But, never fear, F.R., our ProPilot S.W.A.T. squad will soon catch up with you and make you pay the price. Bring out the comfy chair!Best regards.Luis

Brother Luis:Don't forget the Singapore Switch either. After it's application the comfy chair might just be needed.A Quango Scheme? Oh I thought you would twig on to that one. Recall "Quasi Non Governmental Organization" as the English so aptly call some of these outfits that run about the world interfering with this and that. Like the UN. Let us tell you how to run your life and business, and don't mind the Mercedes Benz we are slipping past your Customs folk!Doc BryantJust back from demonstrating "knife edge flight" in the Pro Pilot Gulfstream GVSP down the Hudson River flyway. Life is good.

"Just back from demonstrating "knife edge flight" in the Pro Pilot Gulfstream GVSP down the Hudson River flyway. Life is good."Did you stay below 1,100 feet per the New York Terminal Chart? The news today was about some student pilot and his instructor in a Cessna going into the Hudson River today while flying that VFR route and then being rescued.I should be going home on Wednesday after some fun flying with my friend Monte in the Treasure Coast area of Florida.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry:I asked ATC (one of the neat features of PP99 compared to those other sims at the time, take heed Dudley Flyright) for a altitude clearance from FL100 to ground due to the horrible way the V SP handles knife edge flight modes.I ended up requesting a "MARS" clearance, in honor of Dudley, since he's obviously from Mars.I did not see a Cessna in the drink while I was there. I did not even check out Easter Eggs at LGA.Doc Bryant

HA! Pretty good ! Congratulations. You sure had Doc going.Okay - let's see if we can figure out who Flyright (Flybert? Nah.) is.1) Member only since 30 Dec.2) Apparently prefers another sim to PP99, and maybe always has - "...or consider using a more advanced simulator." I can't remember who it was that is always extolling the virtues of MS FS over PP99, but this possibly isn't that person either, because "...some simulators are

Nope, it's not FlyBert.Maybe it's the Porkster? :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Tain'T Tallpilot either, ither. Oh well what ever.:-waveBack to the lurk mode,Ed Weber a.k.a Capn Tall

At least this guy is getting some of our group out of the sidelines and posted again. That's GOOD!And no, I did not do it under a pseudonym. I have been busy flying down south and visiting friends.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi Jerry,Been follwing your flights via your web site.Envy you having all that time for flying. Must be great being unemployed. :-) Being retired doesn't seem to provide as much time for the fun things as I planned. Can't figure it out. Oh well life's to short to worry about it, back to getting ready for another trip to Lost Wages this weekend. Let me know when you plan that trip out to my neck of the woods.Ed Weber a.k.a Capn Tall

I am trying to be retired too. Then the boss goes out of town and I have to work. How awful.But today I shall just traipse about town from coffee pot to coffee pot, cup (and cigar) in hand.Doc Bryant

I could not take a screen capture of the bombing run on Three Mile Island with the Pro Pilot B57 Canberra. But how about this...the Pro Pilot EC-130E Rivet Rider with the Commando Solo II modifications with Three Mile Island in the background. Restricted airspace my butt.Doc Bryant

Brother Luis:Every chance I get. Note the "cold nuke" in the background of the picture. Foreground is the only operating reactor at Three Mile Island.Not much else news here. Boss back in town tonight, and I am working on a goofy case. Life goes on!Doc Bryant