Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 20 February 2006

From those wonderful folks who bring you aviation news twice weekly...Avweb.comWhile doing some work, heard the following exchange on Kennedy Tower freq:Twr: Cactus 51, turn right zulu and golf, hold behind the plane that's stopped to recycle.Cactus 51: Cactus 51 we'll make the right zulu and golf, behind the recycled airplane ... whatever that means.Trw: C'mon Cactus, you guys should know what that means, you fly Airbus' -- it's when the screens go blank and you have to restart them all.Cactus 51: Oh, yeah, we know about that. We just thought it was 'cause we were out of quarters.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been out with persistant phone problems for the last few weeks, and am only now showing my face here.To my surprise, Doc's posts have garnered enormous quantities of readers. Come on, guys, who is clicking on the links just to get the count up?Best regards.Luis

Since I have not been flying since January 9th and working on my new job, I don't have anything else for folks to do here. Sooooo, Doc is now the focus of our loyal little group.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Not really. The commute is to the office in the back bedroom. The business trips can be a bit of a hassle until the weather patterns improve enough to allow N2PZ to become my airline seats for domestic trips less than 1000 miles.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

OK, I hope to make a local flight via ENTERPRISE on Sunday if the weather is cooperative. As for Monday - - it is on the 7 AM shuttle van to the Atlanta Airport for a flight to El Salvador connecting to Managua, Nicaragua arriving late that evening. I have a couple of hours to layover in the San Salvador airport. Maybe I can find a free wireless connection when I am stuck at that airport. The hotel where I will be staying in Managua has high-speed connections.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Luis,It is about the same amount of time I had to travel to get to the California office of the company when I went there a few weeks ago.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

You got that right! I have just checked into the hotel after the ride from the airport. This is definitely FOURTH world here.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN