Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 27 March 2006

From Avweb's twice weekly ezine of things aviating... Controllers on the ball... Heard while established on a seven-mile final to Runway 1 at Republic Airport in Farmingdale, NY (FRG) January 1, 2002... Arrow N1234: Republic Tower, Arrow 1234 nine miles north, landing with Victor. Tower: Arrow 234 report the right downwind Runway 1. Arrow 234: Tower, any chance we could get a straight in? Tower: Arrow 234, you did say you were north didn't you? Arrow 234: Yes, we are 7 mile s north. Tower: Arrow 234, understand the only way I can give you a straight in for 1 is if I turn you around and have you continue for about 24,000 miles. I had a little trouble navigating a straight approach while laughing so hard. Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Doc.This is one of the best that I have seen.There isn't much activity here anymore. Mostly you, Jerry and Luis. I visit, but never have much to add.

Bill,Too many people worry about quantity over quality.So what if it's just us four here now. You have to admit we got rid of the riff raff!Since the place got quiet, we have seen Jerry build an airplane, Brother Luis tell us more about his estancia, and me, well, I think I have done a few things since then.A long time ago I said that as long as the powers that be kept the doors open, the lights and a/c on I would be here.Still am, still will. And still no nmaddoG whiners!Doc Bryant

Daniel, Bill:As long as Avweb posts them, and we have a place for me to pin them up here, I will happily do so.I would hate to think that if this particular forum would go down all I would have is pleasant memories and a deep understanding of Grimes lights.Doc Bryant