Sign in to follow this  
Macflyer

ProPilot

Hi ProPilots,just installed a PP99 Demo (hard to find nowadays) to get the feeling back on my screen I enjoyed when I bought this nice blue package with a lot of hard content back in 97/98, the original Pro Pilot. For some reason I don

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Macflyer,Do you really use a Macintosh? I guess since ProPilot was for Windows systems, well....The 3D graphics works very well on any of the 3DFX cards, Banshee, Voodoo, Voodoo 5, etc. For the day and time, PP99 was the first with 3D real terrain graphics and good frame rates, even on P200 processor speeds. I still have it loaded on my old desktop machine using an AMD K6-III 450 MHz processor. It still flies better than the power hogs that Microsoft put out.I too, flew the Bruce Artwick flight simulator on a Commodore 64 way back when....Now I fly for real in my RV-9A. See www.n2prise.org for the details on that project and the places I have been.Please let us know who you are in the text of your message. We get such little traffic here nowadays, it is nice to know who stopped by.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hi Jerry,thanks for the nice welcome in your forum.Checked out your page - great plane, you have my deepest respect for this work. I like very much the colors and livery. This plane looks like a lot of fun :-)By the name, since you asked, I am Thorsten, 1974 born, I am enjoying life in Puerto Rico for 18 months now, originally from Germany.I am not a real pilot, but since I loaded Bruce Artwicks FS II in 1987 into my Atari 800 XL (similar like the C64), the virus caught me and the dream of flying for real is always present and I am planning on becoming wether a PP or Sports Pilot within the next 3 years. My job is and will consume lot of time as I am helping building up a business here in PR.I am using a Mac (ibook 1,2 Ghz, Ati Radeon 9200, 32 MB VRAM, 512 MB RAM) as my main system for 18 months now - before that I used low-end PC

>>Its a pity that nowadays the competition is gone, everyone>goes (has to go) for MSFS, only some find out about X-Plane,>but maybe is MSFS X everthing we always wanted from a sim but>like always I am not in the game due to my hardware and I will>stick with Fly!II and X-Plane for some years and hopefully do>the transition to real world flying - finally.>In the first years of Pro-Pilot, it became my preferred sim.These day's, I prefer MSFS with some 3rd party addons produced by a "gifted" designer/programmer who originally re-crafted most of the default aircraft for FLY. (RealAir Simulations)I have an RV6A, which is much like Jerry's 9A. Even though mine has been practically done for a few years, it's hangarless & sit's in the garage. I just keep thowing auto-pilots and such, in the thing, to spend more money! :D L.Adamson

Sign in to follow this