Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for Monday April 17, 2006

From Avweb.com's twice weekly compendium of aviation news...Short FinalProudly flying my new Lancair Columbia 350 into Tucson International, having been cleared for the visual to 11L, I heard this interchange with a regional jet: Tower: RJ1234 you're cleared for the visual following the Columbia on a one mile final. (pause)RJ1234: ...I'm following the Space Shuttle?!!Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My radio call as I departed the Land Of Enchantment RV Fly-In on October 16, 2005:"Enterprise" departing runway 10 at "full impulse power".Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

And that did not get you some sort of Photon Torpedo from the Friendly Aviation Agency?Doc Bryant

It was an uncontrolled field - no control tower. It got some laughs from the other departing pilots as we all headed for home in all directions.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Well, recalling that bozo that stopped in here a few months back wanting us to deliver unto him our simming and aviating sins, better get ready in case he appears again wanting to write you up for unprofessional behavior.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this